Chapter 5 - Interrogation

At MED

"Hey Jay, how are you doing?" Ethan said walking in his tablet.

Jay looked at him and could barely open his eyes. While feeling pain digeplaces on his body with his head being the worst.

"I'm okay. I need to go see Alex" He said pulling the iv out of his hand trying to stand up when he nearly collapsed again.

"You need to rest a bit before I can let you leave. I've also got the results from your head CT back and everything is looking normal. You only got a small concussion while hitting your head when you collapsed earlier. You should be able to go in a few hours." Ethan said smiling at him about to walk out when Jay called after him.

"Thanks bro. Can you tell me how Alex is doing?" Jay asked looking at Ethan with concerned eyes.

"She had another miscarriage but we managed to stop the bleeding. She's going to be okay" Ethan said smiling slightly at Jay as he was relieved to hear that.

At PD

At PD in the bullpen they were working focused to get to the bottom of this case since one of their own were now involved in this.

"Upton what have got for me?" Voight asked ready to write down any information about these girls.

" I talked to Ashley Parker at MED and she said that the night it went wrong for them all was because Alex denied to follow the rules of the home and as payment for her actions they took all 5 girls. Those 5 girls were also the most troubled girls at the home." Hailey said as Voight was busy writing it all down.

"She didn't remember anything else other than Alex were put in the back seat of the car and the 4 others including her were pushed into the trunk" Hailey continued.

"Okay i want someone down at MED to talk with Alex. If she's the key to this then we will quickly be able to find the people who are behind this. Hailey i want you to take Ruzek with you to talk with Alex since Jay is off the case" Voight ordered as Hailey and Adam went towards MED again.

At MED

"Hey Alex, I'm detective Hailey Upton and this is my coworkers detective Adam Ruzek. Can you tell us a bit about what happened the night you and Ashley disappeared from the home?" Hailey asked as Alex just nodded her head slowly.

Hailey and Adam took a seat next to Alex as she moved away a bit.

"It's okay Alex, we're here to help you so we can find the people who's behind all of this. We won't judge you" Hailey said taking Alex's hand gently to calm her down.

"I want my brother, Will, here otherwise I won't say anything. You never know when they're going to back stab you" Alex said as she already started to get emotional and when she saw her brother it just got worse. She started shaking and was sobbing into his arms trying to stay strong. She knew she couldn't let it all out otherwise she would be punished.

"Hey it's Will. You're safe. You're at Chicago MED. It's okay" hearing the comforting voice of her brother made her relax a bit more.

Alex looked at Hailey as she took her brother's hand and started speaking as Adam took out his notepad.

"It was around 2 am when I heard loud banging coming in from one of the other rooms down the hallway. I walked over to Ashley's room and opened the door as she was being beaten by the boss of the place." She stopped for a second to calm herself down as she didn't want to relive what happened that night.

"You're doing great Alex" Hailey said.
"Just take your time" Adam added.

She squeezed her brothers hand a bit more and got a reassuring smile from him to continue.

"I walked into her room and attacked the guy only because I wanted to protect Ashley. But then he grabbed me from behind and called in four other guys as one got Ashley and the 3 others got the other girls. He threw them in the trunk and hopped into the back seat with me as we arrived at Lake Michigan where he threw them on the ground and threatened to cut me up and throw me in the lake if I didn't do what he told me to. I had to do it. I'm so sorry. I don't remember what happened afterwards only that I woke up in here a few hours ago.

Alex said now clinging onto her brother for dear life as she was shaking and crying in fear having to relive that night.