Chapter 3 - The ED

"I will let Will know you're here as soon as he's done with his patient" Maggie said patting his back as she walked out and closed the door.

She was still asleep from the surgery. Jay went over to her side and sat next to her holding her hand.

It has now been 3 hours since Jay arrived at MED to visit Alex and he hasn't left her side once sleeping in the chair he planted himself in a few hours ago still holding her hand.

In the meantime Will had been there as well for half hour until he got paged down to the ED again.

"Jay..." A faint voice said barely squeezing his hand.

Immediately Jay woke up and say straight up giving his full attention to his younger sister.

"Alex, I'm here. It's Jay. You're safe now" Jay said trying to hold back his emotions as a tear started rolling down Alex's cheek.

"Jay... I love you" Alex said.

Jay went over to hug his sister as she grabbed onto his arm and started full on crying, she went on for a bit until she stopped and let go of Jay to lay down again.

"Will... I don't feel so good" She said slowly closing her eyes, loosing consciousness.

"No no no. Alex stay with me" Jay said lightly shaking her only to see her fluid bad almost empty and blood dripping down at the end of the bed.

"I NEED SOME HELP IN HERE!!" Jay screamed with fear in his voice as Ethan and Will came running in.

"What happened?!?!" Will asked looking at Jay who looked like he had just seen a ghost.

"Jay you need to the leave the room so we can have space to treat her" Ethan said as Will lead him out of the room.

"Why don't you go out and get some fresh air? I'll come get you when things are better" Will said looking at his brother worryingly.

"I'll go back to the district" Jay said hugging Will before leaving MED.

At PD

As Jay walking up to the bullpen he saw the board almost full with information and started wondering how long he had been gone for.

Walking over to his desk he started feeling a bit dizzy. He got eye contact with Hailey as she walked over to him looking concerned.

"Are you okay?" Hailey asked grabbing his turning Jay towards her so he was somewhat looking at her.

"There was so much blood" Jay said getting more pale.

"Jay what do you mean?" Hailey said getting more worried for her partner.

"I tried to stop it but there was just so much of it" Jay continued to talk as the rest of the team turned their over to Jay who was now pale as snow in his face. It didn't take long before he collapsed and hit his head on the chair now laying on the ground unresponsive.

"JAY!!" Hailey yelled as Voight came running over.

He took two of his fingers and placed them on the side of Jay's neck to look for a pulse but he couldn't succeed with finding one.

"Someone call an Ambo!" Voight yelled up as he got Jay up from the floor and ran down stairs with him where the Ambo is waiting.