Chapter 12 - Connecting the dots

At MED

Will walked into the meeting room with Adam.

"When you guys were undercover to save Jay. Did she tell you anything that might have lead to this happening?" Will asked looking concerned at Adam.

"Umm the only thing she told me right when she came out of the room was about the last payment and that they changed their plans." Adam said.

"Change in what plans?" Will asked.

"Look it's no excuse that she has been sexually abused up multiple times while being held hostage at that home." Adam said

"Their plan was that they wanted her to finish the boss but then changed their minds after her wanting to see Jay so bad. So they wanted her to do Jay instead of the boss and that's when she shot him" Adam said getting a bit emotional.

"Thanks. I will go talk with her. You should go home and get some rest" Will said letting Adam out of the room.

At PD

Walking up to the bullpen Ruzek was met by Hailey, Antonio and Voight.

"How's Jay and Alex?" Hailey asked walking over to Ruzek.

"It's a mess at MED honestly. A med student overdosed Jay with orphanedrine and I found Alex outside MED unconscious after she gave birth and abandoned her baby in an alley" Ruzek said rubbing his hands over his face.

"I'll go talk with them" Hailey said leaving.

"What have we got so far on this case?" Ruzek asked looking at the board.

"We got 2 out of the 4 guys sent to cook county and the 2 other guys were shot at the place. We also found the 3 other girls and they were all unharmed." Voight said looking at Ruzek.

"Great. I'm heading home to get some rest it's been a few rough days. See you later" Ruzek said to Voight walking down and out driving home.

At MED

Alex were finally getting better and getting back to her normal self. In treatment 5 Jay were also feeling much better and almost ready to be discharged.

"Hey Alex, glad to see you're doing better" Dr. Rhodes said smiling at Alex as Will started waking up as well.

"How's Jay?" Alex said looking at Connor with this one look in her eyes.

"I've never been better sis" Jay said walking into the room.

Alex looked at her brothers and then up at Connor. Will was confused about what was going on and Jay just gave a weird look at Alex.

"Alex can I talk with you for a second?" Jay asked as Alex nodded her head happily grabbing on to Jay's arms while winking at Connor as the two of them walked out.

"Do you like Connor?" Jay asked smirking a bit.

"I guess he's quite good looking. Can we go back?" Alex asked looking annoyed and a bit scared at the ground refusing to make eye contact with Jay.

"Alex, I have your discharge papers ready for you to sign" Connor said handing her the papers with a sticky note on. She looked at Connor as she took the note in her pocket and signed the papers.

"What was that?" Will and Jay asked in unison looking at their younger sister.

"Nothing. Let's go i want to Hailey and Adam" She standing up a bit too fast as Jay grabbed onto her.

"Easy you just got discharged. Also Adam went home to rest. You can see him tomorrow" Jay said knowning Alex was keeping something from him but he didn't want to ask about it but rather have her tell him herself.