Chapter 10 - The abandoned baby

At MED

Another busy day at MED had arrived. Patients were being treated left and right with Jay still in treatment 5 recovering.

"How is it going with Alex?" April asked Connor as they were standing at their computer stations.

"She's slowly doing better. But she's still scared mentally by all the things she went through all the years of being held hostage" Connor said.

"It's horrible how someone can do that a little girl" April said as her and Connor agreed on that.

"I need some help here!" Adam yelled as he came in with Alex in his arms as blood was dripping down from her and onto him.

Connor rushed over to take Alex from Adam as she started gaining consciousness again.

"Make it stop please" Alex said as Adam was asked to wait outside the room so Dr. Rhodes can do his job.

"Don't worry Alex, I'm going to help you. I just need to figure out where the bleeding is coming from. Stay with me will you?" Connor said in strict game with time right now to find where all the blood is coming from.

"Alex did you just give birth or did you have another miscarriage?" Connor asked trying to stop the bleeding as best as he can.

"Don't look" Alex said with a weak voice.

"I won't look. I just need to tell me if you have given birth or not? You can just nodd your head" Connor said as Alex slowly nodded her head up and down as a yes.

"Where did you leave your baby?" Connor asked looking worried at Alex.

"Around the corner" Alex said slowly closing her eyes.

"Alex stay with me."

"DR. HALSTEAD AND DR. SEXTON GET IN HERE!" Connor yells out in the ED as Will and Noah comes running in.

"Will stay by her side and keep her distracted. Noah stop that bleeding as mush as you can. I'll be back in a moment I have to go find a baby before it's too late" Connor says looking at Will worried who looks at Alex worried.

"April come with me" Connor said as they both stormed out of the ED and onto the streets of Chicago.

"Where are we going?" April asked following along Connor with a small oxygen kit for babies.

"Down this alley" Connor said as they ran down to find a baby wrapped in a thin scarf.

"Give me the oxygen kit" Connor said as April handed it to him.

He placed the little oxygen mask on the baby as he picked it up and ran towards MED with it.

"Get this baby up to the PICU now!" Connor said handing the baby to Natalie as he went back into Alex's room.

"We managed to find the baby in time and bring it up to the PICU." Connor said looking worried at Alex who was barely awake because of the amount of blood she has lost.

"Let her rest for a while and then I want to speak with her when she wakes up. Dr. Halstead?" Connor said gesturing for Will to meet him outside the room.

"Why didn't she get medical for the birth?" Connor asked looking at Will as they both looked into her room.

"I have no idea. When she was a child she was always stubborn and wanted to do everything by herself. But I don't think that's the case here" Will said suddenly getting really worried.