Chapter 13 - The note

Jay and Alex headed back to his apartment so Alex could get settled down and Jay would be there to help her as he was done for the day as well.

"Okay, I have an extra room down that hallway to the left. That's going to be your room if you want to live with me" Jay said smiling at her.

"Thank you" Alex said hugging him as she walked down to the room. Inside there was a Queens bed, a closet and a little desk. Sadly she didn't have anything to fill the room up with.

She threw herself on the bed as her phone vibrated. It was him. She picked up the call even though it said unknown caller.

Hey, it's me Connor

Hey. What's up?

I have a long break in 30 minutes if you wanna come see me?

Sounds great. See you in 30 minutes.

Alex said hanging up the phone as Jay walked in.

"Who were you talking to?" Jay asked leaning up against the door frame.

"No one. Can you drive me to MED? I forgot something" Alex said pretending to look for something.

"Come on sis, you're smarter than this. Tell me why you're really going there" Jay said walking over to Alex's bed.

"Never mind I'll just walk" Alex said getting up and walking out to the front door. Until Jay stopped her grabbing her wrist.

"Let me drive you. I'll stop asking questions" Jay said still convinced about what she's doing at MED when she just got discharged a few hours ago. But he decided to let it go for now and not push her any further.

At MED

They arrived at MED as Jay parked outside the head entrance.

"Don't come back too late" Jay said as Alex walked out slamming the door ignoring her brother.

Hey Will

Hey Jay what's up?

Alex just walked back into MED. She wouldn't tell me why. Can you do me a favour and keep an eye on her?

Yeah sure. I'll call you if anything comes up

Thanks bro

You're welcome

Alex walked straight into MED putting on an act as she's used to doing. Entering the ED she was greeted by Maggie. She quickly says hi as she continues into the break room waiting for Connor.

"Hey. Who are you?" Alex said as a Dr. walked into the break room.

"Hey. I'm Dr. Charles. What are you doing in here?" Dr. Charles asked walking over to sit cross over from Alex.

"Can you take me to where Dr. Rhodes is? I need to speak with him, it's urgent" Alex said as she started putting on her act.

"I think he's treating a patient right now but I will let him know you're here" Dr. Charles said walking out of the room talking to someone on the outside.

Short time after Connor entered the break room.
"Hey you're here. Come with me, I'll take you to somewhere that's a bit more private." Connor said walking out of the break room again with Alex behind her.

"I want you so bad" Alex said slightly running her hand down his side. Connor stopped your hand from going further down as they still were in the ED.

"I know but you just gotta wait a little longer" Connor said looking around as he got eye contact with Will.

"Come on" Connor said walking out of the ED and leading you into a room in the hallway closing the door behind him.