Chapter 9 - Treatment 5 & 6

At MED

"Okay Alex. You've got a pretty nasty scar on your right leg. This is going to hurt" Dr. Rhodes said putting some salt water over the scar to clean it.

"It's okay. I know it hurts. Alex just look at me, okay? Don't look at what he's doing" Adam said kissing Alex on the forehead trying to make her more calm so Connor can do his work.

"Nurse Lockwood. I need some help in here" Dr. Rhodes yelled out in the ED.

"I need you to hold her leg still so I can clean it and sew her up. She's moving too much right now" Dr. Rhodes explained as Maggie went to hold Alex's leg as Dr. Rhodes sedated the area around the scar a bit.

"You're doing great sweetie" Maggie said smiling at her as Connor finished closing her leg up.

"Okay i just need to check that you don't have any other open bruises or wounds." Connor said as Ruzek looked at Alex like she wasn't telling Dr. Rhodes everything.

"Is there something else I should know about?" Dr. Rhodes asked looking at Alex and Adam concerned.

"It's okay Alex. You can tell him. He's only here to help you" Adam said looking at Alex trying to convince her.

After a moment of silence she nodded at Adam for him to do it as she didn't want to look at it. Adam looked up at Connor pulling up her shirt to reveal multiple scars and wounds that are half treated.

This scene brought back memories of the home where they lived as she started getting a panic attack.

"Alex i need you to breathe slowly. Follow my breathing. You're hyper ventilating. Can you do that for me?" Connor asked listening to her heartbeat as it got back to a normal rhythm.

Alex grabbed onto Ruzek as she turned her back to Dr. Rhodes.

"They're from earlier payments and punishments and some i got trying to save Jay. They've been treated a few months ago. I remember being here before" Alex said with a week voice.

"Okay if you're sure about that. I'll come check on you again later" Dr. Rhodes said as he walked out closing the curtains and door.

"You should get some rest. I have to get back to the district" Ruzek said smiling at Alex kissing her forehead.

"I love you, Adam" She said pulling him closer kissing him on the lips.

As Adam walked out smiling at Alex. He was greeted by Maggie.

"Has Jay been brought in?" Hailey asked walking into the ED standing next to Ruzek.

"Yeah he got brought in short time after Adam brought came in with Alex. He's down in treatment 5" Maggie said looking down at the two treatment rooms. Hoping Will is okay wherever he is.

"Jay! Please stay with me!" They heard Alex yell from treatment 5.

Ruzek and Hailey ran down to see Alex next to Jay's bed. Ruzek went over to take Alex out of the room so the that Dr. Choi could do his job.

"He's okay. Why don't you come with me to the district?" Ruzek said leading Alex to his car, driving towards PD.