Chapter 15 - Trusting them

At Connor's apartment

"What's up?" Connor said opening the door to his apartment leading Alex into the livingroom.

He stopped her as they sat on the couch "What happened?" Connor asked again putting his hand over hers.

"It's just my brothers being annoying. Let's do something else" Alex said turning to face Connor putting a hand on his cheek as she started lightly kissing him.

Connor grabbed onto her waist pressing her closer to him lifting her up on his lap. He then laid her down so he was on top of her as he started kissing down her neck and chest as he took off her shirt.

At PD

It was late night at PD, Antonio had called in Jay as he was doing some research on Alex.

"Tell me again why you're doing a background search on my little sister?" Jay said looking at Antonio while leaning up against his desk

"Hey Jay, did you know about this?" Antonio asked as Jay walked over next to Antonio.

"Alex Halstead, killed a Dr. because he refused to give treatment. Never got arrested as she was a minor while the crime was committed"

"Where's she right now?" Antonio said standing up looking at Jay with a serious face.

"A few hours ago Will and I had an big argument with her about what she was doing at MED after she just got discharged as Will saw her leave with Dr. Connor Rhodes and then later she got a text from him that he was going to pick her up after his shift was done. I think they might be at his apartment" Jay said rubbing his hands over his face as he called Will.

"Come on let's roll, he might be in danger" Antonio said as they both stormed out of the bullpen.

At Connor's apartment

Alex leaned her head back and closed her eyes as she pushed Connor away. 

"What's wrong. You okay?" Connor asked sitting up rubbing Alex's back as she started gagging.

Connor rushed over to grab a bin for her when she started vomiting all over the floor.

"Connor... What's happening?" Alex asked as she continued to throw up.

"Idk sweetie but we gotta get you to MED" Connor said wrapping her in a blanket and picking her up driving towards MED as he was followed by a civil police car.

"Fuck i don't have time for this" Connor said lifting Alex out from back seat carefully as she threw up on him once again but this time a bag of pills came up as Connor sprinted into the ED but stopped by his father.

"Look can we take this later? I'm busy" Connor said trying to push through his father as he stopped him.

"Connor..." Alex said with a weak voice looking up at him as she leaned against his shoulder.

"Is that your new little friend?" His father's asked patting Alex's head.

"Get your hands off her!!" Connor yelled pushing through running into the ED and straight into a treatment room with Jay and Antonio right behind him.

"Dr. Connor Rhodes step away from her" Antonio said pulling Connor away from Alex. As Jay walked into Alex sitting next to her.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Jay said looking hurt.

"Why did you do it?" Will asked as Ruzek and Hailey walked in.

"When she's ready. We would like to speak with her" Ruzek said he walked out of the room teary eyed.

"Guys can you leave us alone to talk for a bit?" Will asked looking up at Hailey, Jay and Ethan.

"You too Jay, I'm sorry" Will said as they nodded and walked out leaving them alone.

"Where's Connor? Please don't hurt him he didn't do anything, he was just trying to help but his father" Alex said vomiting even more by the thought of it.

"Connor is talking with detective Antonio Dawson right now. Alex i promise you that no one is going to hurt him. But you need to tell me what happened"

"I didn't mean to do it. They took Ashley, I was just trying to protect her. They told me to do it or else they would kill her and the next thing I remember he was on top of me. I didn't know what to do" Alex said crumbling down in Will's arms as he looked outside at Jay mouthing "Get Connor. Now!" As Jay went off to get Connor.

"Antonio i need to borrow Connor for moment. We got a new lead on the case" Jay said as Connor stood up following after Jay into Alex's room.

"Alex, if you can tell Connor and Jay what you just told me it would be so great" Will said looking at her with a concerned look as she turned to face them both.

"Connor, your dad..."