Chapter 23 - Kelly Severide

The man said catching his breath as Will cursed himself under his breath as he called into the ED.

"Dr. Manning come with me and grab a back board" Will said as he grabbed a medical bag and started following after the man up to to the parking lot when he spotted Kelly.

"Let's roll him up on the board slowly" Will said as he thanked the man.

"I put some gauge over the wound to stop the bleeding, but we have to get him to the OR now or he won't last long. He's already lost a lot of blood" Natalie said as they took the board up and ran into the ED.

As they came in with an unconscious Kelly everyone in the waiting room stood up shocked.

"GET HIM TO THE OR NOW!" Will yelled as Dr. Marcel took over and took him upstairs.

Boden stood up and walked over to Dr. Halstead worried for his Lieutenant.

"Will Severide be okay?" Boden asked as everyone looked at the two.

With an unsure look Will let out a deep breath before answering the chief.

"He has lost a lot of blood, so we're hoping for the best. That's all I can say for now" Will said patting the chief on the shoulder as he walked back into the ER to check on his little sister.

About to walk in to Alex he saw her talking to Dr. Charles and decided to wait a bit with going in when Jay came rushing in.

"Before you ask. She's okay just very frightened about what happened. She's talking to Dr. Charles right now" Will said reassuring his brother as he showed him ti Alex's room so he could see for himself.

They stood outside when she started breaking down. Will got eye contact with Dr. Charles as he gestured for them to come in.

As soon as she saw them and got eye contact with Jay both of them broke down.

"I'm so sorry" Alex said clinging on to Jay even more. She had always been a bit closer to Jay than Will since they were kids.

"It's okay" Jay said reassuring her as best as he can.

"Kelly is in surgery now, they're removing the bullet and so far it's going great" Will said interrupting the two of them as Alex gestured for him to come over and join the hug as well.

"We will always be here to protect you and you can always come to us if you have any problems I hope you know that. We love you so much Alex" Will said hugging her as Jay agreed on what he said.

"You mean the world to us and we're so happy to have you back in our lives again" Jay said hugging her as well.

"Thanks. I love you guys too more than anything else. You're the best brothers anyone could ever wish for" Alex said hugging both of them as the 3 of them stayed like that for a while.