Chapter 16 - A new lead

At MED

"Connor, your dad..." Alex said shaking in fear.

"You can do this. I'm right here" Will said looking at her and then at Jay.

"Will, tell him I can't relive it" Alex said looking at Connor with watery eyes.

"Sweetie what did he do?" Connor said trying to keep his anger back.

"I was just trying to protect Ashley she's only 14 and they told me to do it or else they would kill her, but I couldn't do it and then they took her and the next thing I knew he was on top of me. I didn't know what to do" Alex said taking her knees up to her chest hugging them as Connor, Jay and Will hugged her.

"You did the right thing Alex" Jay said kissing her forehead as he walked out to talk with Antonio.

"Connor what's your fathers name?" Jay asked looking at Connor before walking out.

"Cornelius Rhodes, but I'll come with him. If anyone is taking him down it's gonna be me" Connor said walking with Jay out to meet with Antonio as Hailey and Ruzek walked back in.

"She didn't kill that Dr. on her own. She was forced to it by Cornelius Rhodes but because she refused to actually do it he sexually abused her" Jay said boiling up with anger.

"The other girls won't talk so unless we can get Alex with us to say in person that he did it then we don't any other proof to arrest him with." Antonio said as they walked into Alex's room.

"I know this is hard for you but we need you to come with you and testify that he did it to you otherwise we don't have any other proof we can arrest him with" Antonio said in a calm tone to hopefully convince her.

"Okay. I'll do it" Alex said stepping out of the bed immediately taking Jay's hand walking out with Connor, Antonio, Hailey and Ruzek walking behind them as they got permission from Mrs. Goodwin to interrupt the meeting with the Medical board.

"Officers. How can I help you?" The head of the medical board asked. Connor told Ruzek and Antonio where his father was sitting as they stormed in taking out their handcuffs.

"Cornelius Rhodes. You're under under arrest for sexually assaulting and abusing 5 teenage girls as well of hiring 4 men to hold them hostage at a home for lost girls" Ruzek said putting him in handcuffs as he protested against the allegations.

"You can't proof that it was me who did it. How can you be sure you got the right person?" Cornelius said trying to get out of Ruzek's grip.

"Because we have one of the girls that you abused ready to tell what you did to her. Her name is Alex Halstead 18 years old. Does that ring any bell to you?" Ruzek said tightning his grip on him.

"You're bluffing. She should be dead by now." Cornelius said as Connor and Jay walked in with her.

"Dad it's over! We have all the proof we need right here" Connor said pulling Alex closer into him as his father tried walking closer to her.

Alex looked up at Jay and Connor knowing she had to reveal the Dr's name now. Still wondering how he can't remember this happening to him.

She took A tighter grip on Jay's hand as she look at Connor one last time before speaking up.

"Mr. Rhodes told me to kill his son Dr. Rhodes, but I refused to do that so the people Mr. Rhodes hired took Ashley Parker who was only 14 years old. He then proceeded with taking me into another room and started with forcing me into do intercourse with him" Alex said turning to face Jay's chest as she started breaking down and shaking. Jay picked her up and took her outside away from the scene as Ruzek and Antonio came out with Cornelius Rhodes with Connor following  behind.

"It's going to be okay. It's over now" Jay said still hugging her as she said with him and Will in the break room.

"Can we stay here till Will and Connor are done with their shifts" Alex said looking up at Jay and Will.

"Sure. I will let the others know you guys are in here" Will said smiling at his siblings walking back out in the ED.