four

Around noon on a bright, sunny Saturday, the Toretto crew, minus Vince and Mia, were in Dom's garage all doing their own thing. Mia was out at the grocery store. Jesse, Leon, and Letty worked on their cars while Alex and Dom discussed some paperwork regarding their family market and cafe.

Just as Alex was about to open her mouth to speak to Dom, a tow truck began pulling into their backyard. The car being towed looked like it had been in an awful wreck. It was dented and covered with mud. The Toretto siblings gave each other a look, then made their way towards the truck. Dom leaned against the garage, folding his arms across his chest.

"What the hell is this? What do you got there?" Dom asked, his eyebrows knitted together out of curiosity. Brian got out of the tow truck and smiled at the two siblings.

"This is your car," Brian answered, a small smirk playing at his lips. Alex raised an eyebrow at the blonde.

"That's my car? I said a ten second car, not a ten minute car," Dom replied with a smile. Brian laughed at his words.

"You could push it across the finish line,"Jesse paused, "Or tow it." He joked, earning a chuckle from Letty who was now leaned against the car she was previously working on.

"You couldn't even tow that across the finish line," Dom mumbled, his eyes wandering over the car. He was trying to the see the potential of the car but it was hard considering it was an absolute piece of junk. It was going to take a lot of work to make that thing useful again.

"No faith!" Brian accused, pointing his finger at Dom. Dom shook his head at the blonde.

"No I have faith in you but this isn't a junk yard. It's a garage," Dom said. Brian turned to face Jesse.

"Hey. Pop the hood," Brian instructed. Dom gave him an unsure look.

"Pop the hood?" Dom questioned. Brian looked at him and nodded. Jesse raised an eyebrow and looked at Dom. Alex stood there quietly, watching.

"Pop the hood," Brian repeated. Jesse shrugged and walked over to the car and popped the hood. His eyes widened at the sight.

"A Two-J-Z engine? No shit!" Jesse said excitedly as he looked around at the parts of the car. By now everyone had gathered around to see what was inside the car.

"What did I tell you?" Brian asked, a smug smirk on his face. He looked down at Alex, who stood next to him. She met his gaze and they smiled at each other.

"I retract my previous statement," Dom said. Alex looked at her brother. She could tell he was somewhat impressed. It's not easy to impress Dom. It made Alex smile. She likes that Dom and Brian are building a friendship.

"You know what? This will decimate all after you put about fifteen grand in it, or more, if we have to. We can get overnight parts from Japan," Jesse said, glancing back at Dom.