twenty-one

After some time to cool off, Brian and Dom came up with a plan - with the help of the police - to take down Braga

After some time to cool off, Brian and Dom came up with a plan - with the help of the police - to take down Braga. They were going to meet up with Campos and returned the drugs they stole in exchange for seeing Braga. Brian also tried to work out a deal that if they got Braga, Dom would be able to walk free. Dom didn't trust it. What they didn't realize until too late was that Campos was Braga all along. Braga escaped. Brian was taken off of active duty. Dom was still going after Braga. Alex wasn't aware of this and Dom wanted to keep it that way.

Alex was in the garage with Dom, helping making a few additions to their father's old car. Suddenly, Brian entered the garage. Alex avoided eye contact with him. Brian shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Everyone's lookin' for you," Brian said to Dom. Brian looked at Alex. She's so beautiful, he thought.

"I'm right here," Dom replied casually. He wasn't hiding anymore.

"It's nice to see you've gone with the times and switched to an electronic fuel injection. Looks good," Brian spoke as he inspected the car, taking a step closer to it.

"Buster became a gearhead," Dom said, smiling as he shook his head.

"I'm going with you," Brian said after a brief moment of silence. Alex crossed her arms.

"I don't plan on bringing anyone back," Dom replied lowly. He leaned against the car, looking down at the engine. He then looked at Brian.

"I know," Brian said, keeping his gaze on the engine. Alex scoffed.

"Not bringing anyone back? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Alex asked, irritated. Dom shot her a look.

"You know what it means," Dom said quietly. He didn't want her to find out like this. Alex rolled her eyes.

"So you're gonna go on a suicide mission and get yourself killed trying to avenge Letty? You really think that she would want this?" Alex asked, clenching her jaw tightly. Dom sighed. "You're selfish, you know that? You're so fucking selfish!" Tears filled her eyes as anger pulsed through her veins.

"Alex-" Dom tried to speak, but Alex cut him off.

"I just got you back after five years.. five years! And now you're gonna leave again like everyone else and go get yourself killed by some big-shot drug dealer? You at least had Letty almost the whole time you were gone and who did I have? No one!" Alex yelled, tears spilling down her cheeks. Dom tried to take a step closer to comfort her but she shoved him away. "You are the only god damn thing that I have left!"

Alex threw the wrench that she was holding at the ground then stormed off. He was being so stupid. They were both being stupid. Their plan was terrible. She didn't know what their plan was yet, but she already knew it was terrible. She was letting her anger get the best of her. A gust of wind sent chills down Alex's spine. She opened the side door to the house and walked inside, slamming it closed behind her.