seven

audrey newman

i lied down in my bed trying to get comfortable, it was 9:27 and i'm usually not this tired at this time. mom went out with co-workers at a party which i couldn't care less, as long as she's having fun in this town and not just doing nothing then we're alright.

there were small taps on my window with a small figure, i sat up to see soda standing there but later covering his eyes. i immediately put on my oversized t-shirt and opening the window for him, hopefully i didn't scar him or anything.

"ready to hangout?" he smirked.

"let me get my pants." i rolled my eyes.

i found denim shorts and tank top, it felt chilly out but that will do. i kept bouncing up and down while trying to put my pants on, soda was laughing from my window but i flipped him the bird after getting both legs into both holes.

i yanked the t-shirt off of me while trying to find the end of the tank top. i finally put on my converse high tops before jumping off the window frame. it was already getting colder by the time i hit the pavement.

"cold?" soda noticed me rubbing my arms, he took off his flannel and wrapped it over me. "you got really nice arms, not to be weird or anything."

"well you have a really nice smile." i complimented, he chomped his teeth together to rub that perfect smile in my face.

we made it to the baseball where we climbed over the fence, made it inside that little cave place all the payers go to when it wasn't their turn. the moonlight spotlighted the dirt field along with the bright grey lights, dimmed a little.

soda then pulled out a bottle of jack from beneath the bench, i looked at him as if i was seeing dally. i watched him pop the cap off with him trying to down the bottle, i'm not the alcohol type but i've only had beer twice in my life.

"every time sandy dragged me over here to watch her little brother's game, i noticed them always sneaking a bottle underneath this bench." soda explained, "always forgot what that felt like when i did baseball."

"you did baseball?" i giggled, as he handed me the bottle.

"yeah actually, mom and dad always cheered me on at my games." soda held onto that memory of his parents, i took a wig of the bottle. "how about you? did you do anything fun?"

"fun as in traveling the 50 states and meeting one of the many boyfriends my mom has dated? then no." i shook my head, "i never got back to focusing on becoming a graduate after i moved out of florida."

"i got how you feel, i had to dropout to help darry with the tight money we've got." he related to my problems.

soda and i shared our problems, truths, and everything after taking a few swigs off the hard liquor. his eyes were bloodshot red as in he was extremely drunk, i'd know because of the drunk guys my mom would let into our apartment.

it never occurred to me as a emotional scarred picture but after the night one of my mom's hookups didn't go well, i could still remember the screams she and i made as he threw glass items at us until he passed out cold just so we could drag him far, far away.

"holy crap, your eyes!" i laughed.

"yeah well can't say the same for you, tomato-face." soda poked at my cheeks.

we looked into each other's eyes, soda smashed his lips against mine, making me fall back on the bench. his hands ran up my sides, my hands were glued to his back.

i didn't know if i was ready or not, as far as i know, i'm still the virgin who couldn't get any dude in her bed. my eyes shot opened when i felt his hands trying to get into my pants, i was wrapped around my thoughts that i didn't know he had taken off my shirt.

i pulled away from the kiss and pushed soda off of me, we were drunk and i was sure he wouldn't remember any of this the next day. i didn't want to be his one night stand at a dark baseball field.

"i'm sorry, soda. i just don't think i'm ready." i shook my head, feeling my forehead to see if i was going crazy.

"don't be sorry, i should've asked you in the first place." he defended me, "you want me to walk you home?"

i nodded as we got our clothes on, we stood up in silence. during the whole cold breeze we did not speak a word to each other, i didn't even put soda's flannel back on after that.

as we got back to our houses, he didn't even say a single word to me or flashed me a goodbye grin when i climbed through my window. he just casually walked into his house all drunk, maybe even upset over what i had just done.