seventeen

audrey newman

there he was, shedding sweat down his forehead, he must've ran a whole mile to get to here. i slowly walked towards him with my fingers stuffed in the back pocket of my jeans, he forms a small smile once he was me getting closer.

"you called me all the over across town, what do you want?" i rushed him.

"i wanted to talk about last night, just to tell you that i actually meant all of it." everything that came out of him made me think he meant it, but we can never tell if we're right or not.

"if you were actually in love with me since the day we first met then why did you go off and betray me by telling people lies about one night that didn't even work out, i couldn't do it because i'm not ready so you blow it off by humiliating me in front of a bunch of people i call friends." tears streamed down my face.

soda held my face in his hands, letting go in preparation to tell the truth. "guys thought i wasn't getting any, you were the closest thing i could get into but i completely blew it off. steve told me to consider you as a rebound and i just couldn't get it out of my mind."

"you're more than just a rebound, rey."

"only my mom can call me rey." i interrupted him.

"right, sorry. ever since you walked into the dx, all confused to what part of the country you were in, something told me that you were the one that i had to be the first to strike up a conversation." we locked eyes, my gaze getting trapped into his.

"i'm not the one, soda. i'm never the one for anyone because i know that i'm a fuck up and it's all i'm ever going to be, i'm gonna end up like my mom just sleeping around guys while you will leave me as a teenage mom and i'm traveling in and out of the states-"

"audrey, if we were to ever have kids i'd even make a blood oath to promise you i'd stay. i don't care if the kid was someone else's from a before hookup, you stay as someone a part of me." soda then held my wrists, tempting me to press our foreheads together.

we just stood in front of each other as the breeze hits us, i wanted to kiss him but i didn't know if i could still trust him at the same time. my small sighs escaping my lips let me look at him one more time in the eye.

i escape from his gentle grasp and walked away like before, my fingers locking with another from behind after not having any regrets about leaving this time. part of me was proud of how i handled it, i could've slapped for the anger he brought onto me before, but i didn't.

"so that's it? you're just gonna leave me like we've never met before?" i could hear him ask from behind, "i told you i was sorry, told you i love you, and all i get is you leaving without goodbye? could i at least get a goodbye, audrey?"

i grinned before turning around, running into his arms with my lips capturing his. one moment of heaven was all i was looking forward to, a moment where i could see our potential future with kids playing around in our front yard, stepping on daisies until we grow out our white hair.

i broke apart from the kiss but we were still at ease, "did you know i love you too?"

soda smiled before taking in that big kiss, it was a miracle how one kiss could fix up the damage we had. maybe we were from different parts of the country, different parts in our life, but we will always be two worlds apart.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 :: 𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘱 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘴 🎉