Chapter 20: The Morning After

[CW: brief, vague description of emotional abuse]

When Kageyama woke up, his first thought was "warm". He was feeling terribly warm, almost too hot. That was a bit strange, wasn't it? It took him a few seconds to realize a few things simultaneously. First, Shoyo was nestled up against him, his back to Kageyama's chest. Aha, source of the heat. Second, they were both unapologetically naked and it felt brazen and a bit salacious.

Third, Hinata's luscious ass was pressed against his crotch and his dick apparently had noticed before he had. Well this was... interesting. And now definitely at the top of his list of preeminent ways to wake up.

One arm was under his head and the other hand rested gently at Hinata's waist. Kageyama began to trace light, invisible circles on Hinata's stomach as he enjoyed the feeling of intimacy of their bodies touching literally everywhere from their heads to their toes.

I want to wake up like this every day for the rest of my life.

The thought was at the same time surprising and the most natural thing in the world. He filed that away for later examination.

The light coming through the window shades suggested it was later in the morning, but Kageyama was not willing to move from his position to check the time. Which was fine. He'd just lay here, enjoying this closeness until Hinata woke up.

Sometime later, Kageyama had no idea how long as he had drifted back to sleep, Hinata woke with a small sigh. He took a moment to catalog the sensations – Tobio's chest pressed to his back, Tobio's hand on his stomach, Tobio's soft, even breaths ghosting over his neck. Hinata smiled, eyes still closed, and laid there for a moment, remembering the highlights of last night.

Three things occurred simultaneously to the redhead. First, he was ridiculously, over the top, head over heels in love with this man snuggled up behind him. Second, what they had done last night - oh yeah, he wanted to do that over and over and over again. And third, he wanted to wake up like this – naked and warm and satisfied and cherished – every day for the rest of his life.

When he finally felt Kageyama stir behind him, he rolled over to face his boyfriend, throwing a leg over Kageyama's hip and pressing their chests together. He waited for Tobio's deep blue eyes to open and meet his before smiling his bright good morning smile.

"Hey," Hinata said softly as he saw the look of recognition on Kageyama's still sleepy face.

"Hey," Kageyama returned, one corner of his mouth lifting in greeting.

"Did you sleep well?" Hinata asked.

"Yeah, did you? And are you, you know, sore?" replied Kageyama, his voice a little scratchy with sleep.

"I slept fine. And maybe a little. But it was totally worth it," Hinata said, cupping Kageyama's face with one hand and leaning in for a firm kiss that eventually evolved into a full-out make out session, with Hinata clinging to Kageyama like a wet t-shirt.

After several minutes, Hinata broke the kiss. They were both getting aroused and there was no hiding it, considering no barrier of any kind and not one single millimeter was between them.

"Let's do it again," he whispered, making Kageyama's eyes fly open.

"Right now?" Kageyama panicked slightly.

"No, I know you need a plan. But could we please make a plan for as soon as possible? Please?"

Kageyama chuckled. "I suppose. And I think, at some point I won't need a plan."

"Excellent!" enthused Hinata, planting one more sloppy kiss on Kageyama's lips. "Cause, not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind doing it right now." Hinata reminded him of a puppy with a new toy.