19

Ahjee

i was wiping down the counters when i heard a knock on the door. i looked through the peep hole and i saw lovely wit a bag.

"hey girl. she said walking in as i opened the door.

"aye where my son at? i asked.

"your son? oh you want him? you can have him?

i laughed and went back to the kitchen.

"what is that. i asked pointing to the bag.

"the picture frames you wanted.

i asked lovely to bring over her left over picture frames so i can frame the pictures i printed from Walmart.

"i been needing to do those.

she started looking around.

"it's empty and quiet. where's katorah.

i gave her a look and she scuffed.

"well damn. spill the tea bitch. shoota and legend out havin daddy son time and alisa at her friend house.

i took wine out my cellar and two glasses.

"i don't need that. she said. i turned wit a look on my face.

"no wine? i asked and she shook her head. "are you with child?

"yep.

"again?! i asked. "damn shoota. nigga really be shootin.

"ahjee that's not funny. she said as i laughed.

"okay okay whatever i happen to think it's hilarious. i put her cup back and poured my own.

"so katorah.

"yea she cheated.

"on you? i nodded. she shook her head. "damn shame. how you find out.

"i was cleaning up. i saw her weed bag and felt like rolling up and ended up finding a phone. went through it and boom. cheatin ass hoe.

"that's devious. and you're still grieving. i looked off in the distance. "my fault. i didn't mean to bring him up.

"it's not you. jus made me think about the whole situation. she knew i was already hurtin and she go and do this shit.

"has she contacted you since?

"she tried. i jus keep leaving her on voicemail and deleting her messages.

she looked behind me at the box of pictures.

"you been thinking about him a lot?

i slowly nodded and grabbed it. "i don't know what it is or why but i can't allow myself to believe he's gone.

"i know why. i looked up from the pictures and she was looking dead at me. "once you allow yourself to believe it you'll know it's real. everything is real.

i shrugged and kept looking through the pictures. "something doesn't feel right bro. i search up his case all the time and nothing makes sense.

"his case?

"it was supposedly a suicide. they don't know the motive they don't know anything but what they could find. they jus closed it and moved on.

"what do they know so far?

"they said he was found in the living room of his house. with a gunshot wound to the chin. but jaymo's not like that. he's not suicidal. he'll never jus up and kill himself.

"maybe he was suffering in silence.

"he's not that type. he would've reached out to me. like he has in the past. it's just confusing. it's like the officers are trying to keep up with a phony ass lie. i don't believe he's dead lovely i really don't. whoever we buried that day wasn't jaymo.

"what if nobody wz in that casket? she said. "it was closed.

"his mother came outta pocket for that funeral. and didn't allow me to help. she wouldn't pay all that money for a fake casket.

"what if she didnt have a choice. didn't king make his girl go to the club that night to bate her off to you."

"yea but king's dead.

she flipped through her phone and placed it in front of me. it was a video of someone getting the king tattoo tatted on them. she flipped to the next picture. it was shona.