21. 𝚏𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕

CORRECTION, YOU HAD FEELINGS FOR HIM, HE MADE BREAKFAST ON YOUR HEAD

FOR SOME WEIRD REASON A FORMER NEW DIRECTIONER/TRAITOR WAS IN THEIR CHOIR ROOM

FOR SOME WEIRD REASON A FORMER NEW DIRECTIONER/TRAITOR WAS IN THEIR CHOIR ROOM. "New Directions I would like to introduce you to our new show choir consultant Jesse St. James." Mr. Shue announced but not earning a single applause. 

"I don't trust this guy." Finn stated crossing his arms, "He's gonna trick us into doing something stupid so his alma mater wins."

"I don't need to do much tricking to get you to do something stupid, Finn." Jesse snarked back the rest of the teens letting out snickers.

Olivia, who always had a weird friendship with the guy rose her eyebrows, "So you're calling yourself a consultant now?" Olivia asked using bunny fingers around the word consultant, "Is that what they call guys who get kicked out of college  and have nothing better to do than crawl back to the school he literally threw eggs at?"

Smiling half sincerely at the girl, Jesse replied with just as much amount of satire, "Livy, always great talking to you.   I've missed your borderline violent comments."

Mr. Shue, having enough with the banter quickly got back on track, "Guys, Jesse is just a consultant. I still make all the calls." Mr. Shue reasoned to the skeptical teens, "I have all the confidence in the world in you guys. I just think we could use all the help we can get because this is it. We've been working so hard for two years for this moment, and that moment is finally here. I was talking with Jesse and he agreed we should continue with our successful trend of doing original songs for the competition." Mr. Shue explained, "I was thinking of doing one group number and one duet."

"Rachel and I should sing a duet." Finn suggested, "We killed it last year at regionals with Faithfully. "

Quinn, who obviously didn't like the idea of Rachel and Finn being within five feet distance cut in, "Yeah. It killed us. We lost. "

"I agree that Rachel should sing lead, but, Finn, I think it's best if you sit this one out." Jesse suggested, "The fact is, most of the other guys in here are better singers and Mike Chang, who can't even sing, can at least dance. You kind of sing and dance like a zombie who has to poop."

While the rest of the group laughed, Finn was not amused at all, "You see what I'm talking about? This guy's a jerk!"

Cringing a bit Mr. Shue turned to Jesse asking, "Maybe you could be a little gentler with your advice."

"Gentle?" Jesse asked incredulously earning a small, "Yes." from Mr. Shue, "I'm sorry. I didn't realize we were training for the Good Try"ribbon at nationals.  I thought we were in it to win the whole thing, and there's only one way we can do that."

"Poison darts?" Brittany guessed.

but Jesse just ignored the girl continuing, "The Vocal Adrenaline strategy is simple. Identify your best performer and build the entire performance around them."