22. 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚛𝚔

JUST GO UP AND KISS HIM

THE NEW DIRECTIONS WERE FINALLY IN NEW YORK FOR THE NATIONAL SHOW CHOIR COMPETITION

THE NEW DIRECTIONS WERE FINALLY IN NEW YORK FOR THE NATIONAL SHOW CHOIR COMPETITION. Olivia had wanted to go to New York forever and she couldn't believe that she was actually here.  Right now, her and the rest of the glee club were sitting on the Red steps in Time Square all enjoying their lunch.

"A year and a half ago the New Directions were nothing but a group of six misfits stumbling their way through a horrific rendition of Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat. Now here we are at the top of the show choir heap. Nationals!" Kurt squealed before taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"I want to hit up Central Park, get my frolic on." Tina exclaimed as Mike put an arm around her.

"Me and Liv are gonna throw stuff off the Brooklyn Bridge." Puck added as him and Olivia fist bumped but simply receiving weird looks from the rest of the group.

"Guys, hold on. I mean, we still have two songs to write." Finn stated putting a damper on the celebration.

"Boo party pooper." Olivia teased, "You're starting to sound like Rachel."

As Finn nudged Olivia gently, Kurt rolled his eyes replying, "Okay, Mr. Bossy Pants. But I think we have some time for a tune before we leave."

♪ Start spreading the news ♪
♪ I'm leaving today ♪
♪ I want to be a part of it ♪
♪ New York, New York ♪

As the teens happily sung, Rachel suddenly approached them announcing, "Guys, I have news. To celebrate our impending win at nationals I got us all 13 tickets to Broadway's longest-running show ever - Cats."

At that excited clamour broke out but Quinn just rose her eyebrows remarking, "You might want to check the dates on those tickets, Rachel because Cats closed about 11 years ago."

Frowning Rachel shrugged, "He did seem crazy. He charged my credit card by swiping it through his butt crack."

Letting out a chuckle Olivia laughed, "What gave it away?"

--------------------