Chapter 10 - Monsters

Maple Syrup Cookie was looking at the glowing tree as if it was a gift sent from the Six Heroes.

— Why are we looking at a random tree again, Maple Syrup Cookie? asked Marshmallow Cookie.

— Because it's the gates to heaven, said Ice Cream cookie sarcastically.

— Were you being sarcastic or not? said Pancake Cookie.

— What do you think?

— Just shut up, ladies! Let me explain the reason why I brought you all here! he yelled.

He took a deep breath before starting his explanations, once everybody was silent and we could hear the Gum-drop Flies flying in the air.

— This tree is called the Tree of Elements, a magic tree which could be a refuge to anybody who holds the top tier nature powers. And, as you may know, I'm the king of the Nature Kingdom!

Ex-king, you mean, said his sister.
— Whatever, blablabla! said Maple Syrup Cookie, rolling his eyes. Anyways, I still have my nature and maple syrup powers! Thanks to that, I can turn this tree into the perfect hideout for us, so Empress S'mores and Queen Skittles can't find us.

The four other ex-queens were satisfied by his idea. After all, this glowing tree would, literally, become their literal tree house! Tree-house! Ha, clever!

— Step back, ladies! Let a pro do his magic!

The girls stepped back and Maple Syrup Cookie used his magic in order to turn this tree into a home. And it did, thankfully! The trunk turned into a door which they opened. Once they were inside, the door disappeared. The door would only appear once again when they wanted to exit the tree house. And the tree house looked like a normal tree from the outside, but a whole mansion from the inside.

— Woah! For a literal tree, this place is huge, said Ice Cream Cookie.

— I know! Right?

— Right, right!

☕☕☕

At the Candy Palace of Candyland, S'mores Cookie was reading a specific book named The Forbidden Chapters. She was going through the many spells of dark magic inside of it, when she found the perfect one. The one that she needed for her wicked scheme.

The spell that she found was under the title of « summoning jelly bears, cake dragons, sugar trolls, chocolate manhorses, and soft serve zombies », a spell to summon monsters. Just like she promised, the night she crashed Marshmallow Cookie's grand ball.

She ripped the paper out of the book and gave it to Skittles Cookie, her new (forced) ally.

— What is this? she asked.
— I'll explain everything, just give me a second, Skittles Cookie, answered the evil empress.

S'mores Cookie searched for another spell in the book named The Forbidden Chapters. She stopped at the page showing a spell called « the crystal portal: open a portal to any place you can imagine, spy on other cookies and candy-creatures ».

— Why do you want to use that spell? It's utterly useless.
— Because, dumbo! With this spell, I can spy on those pesky cookies who have escaped our traps! explained S'mores Cookie. Show me a whole other world, open for me a portal. Show me those past queens and kings, to the empress of Candyland! Open a portal to the dark forests, she then chanted.

A portal suddenly opened, and it showed an image of Marshmallow Cookie, Pancake Cookie, Maple Syrup Cookie, and Ice Cream Cookie in their tree-house.

— They're in the legendary cotton-candy tree, huh?

She snickered.

— Skittles Cookie, here's the spell for summoning the candy monsters, you'll summon them at these exact locations, said S'mores Cookie while showing her "friend" a map of the dark forests. And if they finish by getting near the last artifact, your mirror, at the end of the dark forests, finish them off and capture them.

— Yes, S'mores Cookie.

She then used her magic to teleport to the dark forests. Near the legendary cotton-candy tree, she used the spell.

Beware, bring back the Dark Age! Bring back the terror, the fear, the tears! Bring back... the monsters!

A few jelly monsters and soft-serve zombies appeared. She ordered them to protect the first artifact, the one of the Nature Kingdom... AKA, the Geode of Magic, a one of a kind geode that you could find in the center of the Mystical Candy Statue, brought from the Godly many years ago, from our creators.

For my master..., thought Skittles Cookie.

☕☕☕