Chapter 16 - A miserable Candyland

The four cookies had now found the Geode of Magic (artifact of the Nature Kingdom), the Crystal of Ice (artifact of the Frost Kingdom), and the Wand of Shadows (artifact of the Shadow Kingdom). They only had to find the last two... Hopefully, there will be no more monsters trying to capture them or stop them from getting the missing artifacts!

☕☕☕

Back at Candyland (not the dark forests), everything was dull. The bright colors of this wonderful world were now gone, and you could barely see people outside. This was all the doing of the new evil ruler and the Love Kingdom's queen. S'mores Cookie and Skittles Cookie...

Empress S'mores was sitting on her throne, thinking of what to do. None of her monsters were able to capture those previous rulers of the kingdoms who, now, are run without individual kings or queens. Thanks to the crystal portal, she saw that Maple Syrup Cookie defeated her soft-serve zombies and cake monsters to get the Geode of Magic. Ice Cream Cookie defeated her soft-serve zombies, cake monsters, and sugar trolls in order to get the Crystal of Ice. And now, Pancake Cookie had successfully defeated the legendary Red Velvet Dragon and received the Wand of Shadows! There was only the artifact of the Light Kingdom and the one of the Love Kingdom left for them to grab.

Ugh! They might end up beating me... This can't be happening... My plan was flawless! How could some pesky cookies who barely know about dark magic defeat me? It's impossible! she thought to herself.

In the Light Kingdom, Latte Cookie and Mint Chip Cookie were getting more and more worried for their youngest daughter, Marshmallow Cookie.

— She's going to be fine, honey. Trust me, I have a feeling. Our daughter is strong. King Sugar wouldn't have chosen her to be queen in the first place if she couldn't defend her kingdom!

— Maybe you're right, said Latte Cookie. I just don't want to lose our only daughter... We've already lost Espresso Cookie, I wouldn't want to lose Marshmallow Cookie now too! Especially in this new era of Candyland...

Yes, sadly, a new era had started in Candyland. The era of a miserable Candyland, one with no color, with nothing to be happy about. The citizens just wanted their past rulers back... Citizens of the Frost Kingdom wanted Queen Ice Cream back. Citizens of the Light Kingdom wanted Queen Marshmallow back. Citizens of the Nature Kingdom wanted their old king, King Maple Syrup, back. Citizens of the Shadow Kingdom wanted Queen Pancake back. And most importantly, citizens of the Love Kingdom wanted the old Queen Skittles. Not the new one, the one who was under S'mores Cookie's brainwashing and amnesia spell.

They didn't want S'mores Cookie to be ruler of Candyland, they wanted Sugar Cookie! Oh, why did things have to turn out this way? Well, things happen for a reason...

☕☕☕