Ch 13 | Idfc.

'Y/n I broke up with Yeonjun' Winter said with a straight face.

'You did WHAT?' You said in a genuinely concerned tone.

'Yea... I realised I don't actually love him? And he loves me a bit too much. I didn't want things to get toxic so I took my step back'

'You are happy right?'

'I am FUCKING HAPPY believe me'

You hugged her tightly at the end of the day she's your bestfriend.

You didn't feel the 'happiness' you thought you have felt after they broke up. You were indeed kinda sad for her? And also happy because she's happy?

When did you become such a good bestfriend? You always manifested for them to break up but now you don't even care about it.

It was late already, time to finally sleep. You asked everyone then turned off the lamp.

You put on your blanket over you and closed your eyes just then winter came inside your blanket and hugged you.

'We didn't have a conversation for a long time isn't yn?' she said loud enough for you to listen.

'yea... we kinda stopped talking for a while, you were always busy with yeonj- no i should not say that he was your boyfriend afterall. He obviously comes first'

'You have the full right to say that, you and i have been bestfriends for YEARS and I am already guilty enough for not giving you enough time.'

'lol yea' can't help you were too dry.

'I don't know what got into me like i loved the attention yeonjun gave ngl but I never really loved him for real. I'll be honest with you it was never him whom I actually love..'

'But Yeonjun he loved you right? How did he accepted the breakup?'

'He didn't really, he hugged me, tried kissing me but I didn't let him. I straight off told him that I don't love him. God why is he so annoying? Can't he just understand that I don't love him.'

Hearing her say that made you more distant towards her. Like how could she not care about someone else's feelings? This is not the Winter you knew. She's different a lot different now.

'Maybe we should sleep now' you said in low tone and closed your eyes and pretended to be fast asleep.

Almost an hour passed still you weren't able to sleep. You went outside the tent on tip-toes making sure no one heard you.

You knew where you had to go. The lake.

You wanted to go to Hyunjins's tent and wake him up but kid already had enough today, he was tired. So you didn't disturb him anymore.

You went towards the lake to see yeonjun sitting there alone. He was crying with his face buried in his hands.

You knew about the breakup already. Maybe it was all again winter making someone else cry for her. You didn't know why you saw yourself in yeonjun. He was so helplessly crying with no one there to comfort him.

You sat beside him and patted on his back lightly. You never really talked with yeonjun but you felt like you should comfort him.

'Hi' you said with a smile.

Yeonjun looked up and started rubbing his red puffy eyes.

'You can tell me you know. You can trust me i can asure you about that' you said while patting on his back.

'I-I ah um i do-dont know w-why am i crying' yeonjun's voice shook, and it was terrible.

'It's fins it's okay nothing wrong with that' you said softly.

'I'm not w-weak, I've h-had worse'

'I know, I know that aight? Crying don't make you weak'

Tears kept streaming down his face, he wasn't able to breathe properly.

'Don't worry about it. No one's judging you'

'I um was sitting with winter in the tent alone. All of a sudden she said she has something to t-tell me.'

He again started crying after saying that. After a while he started speaking,

'She hugged me lightly and asked for a breakup. I pulled away from the hug at an instant and asked stood up shouting at her. Kept asking her the reason but she wasn't telling. I hugged her tightly, pleaded her to not leave me. Then I tried to kiss her but she just pulled away from the kiss and said-'

'She said what?'

'She said- ahh i can't'

'WHAT DID SHE SAY?'

'She said she likes you, yes you choi yn'