Chapter 7

Next day, the team had a match with another local team and luckily for their bet, both were playing as starters.

They didn't exchange any words before the match. Just a few defiant looks here and there, both aiming to see the other's losing face.

During the match, no one could land a service ace for the first two sets, and that made them impatient. So at the break before the third set began, both were really focused, and the others noticed, but just took it as something positive.

As it usually happened, there were a lot of fans attending the match, and as he always did before he served, Atsumu raised his fist and then lowered it to silence them.

But this time, he did it with way more intensity and seriousness than before.

He just had to see Kiyoomi's angry face.

With all his strength, he made a jump serve that gained so much speed that the receivers couldn't make it on time, the ball hitting the court's floor with a thunderous sound.

"For fuck's sake", Kiyoomi thought, trying his best to hide his frustration as he heard Atsumu cheering loudly.

"Don't look back, don't you dare look back", he kept telling himself. He was not about to give him that satisfaction since he could feel Atsumu's eyes pinning his nape.

"He's such a sore loser", Atsumu thought, amused.

The MSBY's ended up winning the match, but barely, so the coach wasn't that satisfied. He gave them a speech and emphasized that practices would be much more demanding.

They got back to the gym to practice for a while before they were discharged.

Kiyoomi jogged to the showers, and although he was always the first to get it, he was the last one to get out, too. Atsumu knew that pretty well.

So he decided to tease him a little.

He loudly said goodbye to the other team members to make sure Kiyoomi heard him, and when he was about to leave the gym, he said to the others he'd forgotten something and headed back inside.

As quietly as he could, he entered one of the bathrooms in the locker room just in time before Kiyoomi got out of the shower.

The latter was relieved that Atsumu had left already. He thought that was odd, knowing Atsumu and how much he liked to brag and show off his victory. He thought he'd definitely be waiting for him to give him that annoying smirk, but well, maybe he was busy or something.

"So, Omi-omi…", Atsumu said as he got out of the bathroom, making Kiyoomi flinch.

"Of fucking course", he thought, rolling his eyes in anger.

"Where will ya take me to dinner?".

Kiyoomi just finished putting his t-shirt on, quickly got some money out of his bag and handed it to him, but Atsumu didn't take it.

"Uuh… What is this?".

"Your dinner. Go buy it and leave me alone", Kiyoomi said as he tried to make him take the bills.

"Ooh, Omi-omi, that's not how it's gonna go down. You're gonna come with me AND buy me dinner. Hope you're not busy. Now let's go", said as he smiled and grabbed his bag to leave.

"Absolutely not. It's already punishment enough having to tolerate you during practice, so take the damned money and go on your own".

"Jeez, Omi-kun, why are you always so tense? It's just a friendly dinner! Yeah, I totally beat you today, but you played really well too, so we should give ourselves a little reward. C'mon, aren't ya hungry?".