Chapter 11

As much as he tried to fight it, Kiyoomi just couldn't erase Atsumu's flirty smirk off his mind.

It was as annoying as it was shocking.

And sexy.

"Shit, no, no, what the fuck? He's just messing with me, that's all he does. Don't get dragged into his game".

During the days he didn't go to the gym, he usually did a workout routine and went for a run during the mornings. Then, he got back to his small apartment, took a shower, cooked and spent the rest of the day watching volleyball matches or reading.

That was his comfortable routine, nothing on his mind disturbing him.

But not on those days.

It seemed like the blonde's memories were often lingering inside his mind, and he only noticed he was thinking about him when he'd already spent a good couple of minutes imagining his smirk, his eyes, his sets.

And those damned thighs that didn't fucking leave his mind.

Did he actually find him attractive? He'd never felt attracted to anyone before. From a very young age, he noticed he just wasn't interested in having a girlfriend or boyfriend, not even as a hook up, he just didn't feel that kind of attraction.

Was this what that felt like?

He analyzed his… "Symptomes": Thinking about him even if he didn't want to (especially if he didn't want to), apparently having his heart beating faster when he smiled at him, fucking blushing while looking at him.

Fuck.

But maybe finding a teammate attractive was just that, it didn't necessarily have to mean something else, right? What if it was just admiration? Maybe he was just overthinking things.

That was probably it.

He kept repeating those phrases, trying to convince himself that Atsumu wasn't special, that he was just messing up admiration with something else just because of that stupid flirt scene he pulled out so casually the other day.

Monday's practice came and Kiyoomi was dreading it. All he could think of was how Atsumu would give him that flirty look all through practice and teasing him about that stupid list from the other day, and he just knew he wouldn't like his reaction to that.

But, surprisingly, none of that happened.

That left Kiyoomi speechless and also incredibly mad. How did he manage to always do a completely different thing from what he thought he would do?

Atsumu greeted him casually, normally, as if nothing had ever happened. Kiyoomi began to wonder if it had indeed happened… There's no way he could've made that up, right?

But he was clueless. He expected Atsumu to be extra annoying and all over him, but he barely looked at him.

And he just realized that because, of course, he was staring at him. A lot.

Fuck.

He tried to tell himself that Atsumu's attitude was a good thing, that it was just a joke and nothing beyond that could ever happen.

But that also made him uneasy.

"Am I really feeling kind of disappointed because of it? God, I'm a stupid fucking mess. Make up your mind, already. This is a good thing. Forget about him. Period".

Practices were very productive, and everything was as usual that whole week.

Atsumu noticed Kiyoomi staring at him. But he wasn't going to give him confirmation of what happened the other day. It amused him. He could practically see how his mind went at full speed trying to figure out if that happened or not.