Chapter 16

From then, it became a habit for them to text each other about random stuff daily, Kiyoomi mostly just going along with Atsumu's miscellaneous topics since he wasn't really used to text anyone. He wasn't bothered by his constant texts, though.

They also practiced together everyday, feeling so lucky to have someone that understood their dedication to this sport, even when it became something closer to an obsession.

They were kind of in an infatuation haze, feeling those tingles and nervousness whenever they saw each other.

Everything was flowing unexpectedly smooth and easy during their last week of their off-season, and their relationship didn't change much when practices with the others began.

Kiyoomi was his usual serious and blunt self, and Atsumu was as childish and energetic as ever, but they were happy to know a side of the other that no one else got to see but them.

Everything was actually going nicely.

Maybe too nicely, Kiyoomi thought. And it felt better than he'd imagined.

Maybe this wasn't just a crush.

And as soon as he thought of that, his mind began to betray him by creating unpleasant ideas that kept lingering, making him feel insecure.

"Does he really see this as something serious? Could he feel the way I do, in such a strong way I do?".

Atsumu looked so careless and relaxed that he began to think that maybe this wasn't such a big deal to him.

But he tried to put those thoughts aside for the time being.

On friday, after their last practice of the week, they met on Kiyoomi's apartment, although they usually hung out at Atsumu's place those days, before Osamu showed up.

That night, they allowed themselves to grab onigiri for dinner as they watched some volleyball matches.

Although both knew that at some point they wouldn't be watching.

Atsumu didn't want to pressure him, so he was going slow with the whole physical contact thing, tentatively holding his hand and kissing him when he felt it'd be alright.

Of course he wanted more, but he also felt incredibly happy when he responded to his caresses.

After dinner, Atsumu rested his head on Kiyoomi's shoulder, trying that for the first time, and was glad when the latter took his hand and ran his thumb through it.

Then, both felt some sort of tension building up, feeling self-conscious about their proximity, but still moving closer to each other, until they ended up leaning in for a shy kiss at first.

Little by little, both began to apply more pressure, opening their mouths slightly every time, until Atsumu's tongue brushed his lips during the kiss.

Kiyoomi instantly stopped moving, surprised by the new sensation, which made Atsumu break the kiss.

"Sorry, was that too much?".

"No, it's just...".

He doubted whether or not to tell him about the thoughts he was having. He felt kind of embarrassed for them, something he rarely felt.

Atsumu was making him feel all sorts of new things.

"This is new to me, that's all".

"What do you mean?", the blonde asked as he tilted his head to the side.

"I've never been with someone before".

Atsumu nodded, getting distracted for a moment by Kiyoomi's facial features, when he realized what he just said.