Chapter 22

After that fight, they spent days without talking or even texting each other.

This hurt both of them, but as days passed with Kiyoomi barely looking at him during practices, Atsumu's insecurities did nothing but increase, being more and more sure that the ravenette would leave him again.

"How come he can spend days without saying sorry? Without talking to me? Doesn't he miss me?".

That made him want to have Kiyoomi's attention at any cost, and being flirty with fans and reporters during an interview the team had that week seemed like an effective way to get it.

He was going to make him jealous on purpose. To test him.

And it worked like a charm.

It just wasn't the good kind of attention.

Kiyoomi couldn't believe that he still flirted with random people like it was nothing. That made him think that all of the things he told him were a lie: That he wouldn't cheat on him, that he only saw him in that way.

"He's just with me to get attention, to spend time fooling around. He'll never see this seriously".

After the interview, everyone left the gym, and Kiyoomi couldn't help but to go to Atsumu's place when he was sure no one would see him.

He got there just a few minutes after the blonde, the knocking startling him a bit.

When he opened the door, he was surprised for a moment, but then he looked away and let him in, eager to see if his behaviour even mattered to him or not.

"You were doing that on purpose", the taller man said.

Atsumu looked at him defiantly.

"So what if I did?".

Kiyoomi frowned.

"So now you're just going to make me jealous every time we fight? For what, get my attention?".

"It made you come here, didn't it? Since you seem to be perfectly fine spending nearly a week without talking to me! What else was I supposed to do if you don't listen when we talk? If it doesn't even cross your mind to apologize?".

"Fine, I'm sorry. There. Can you stop being a brat, now?".

Atsumu looked at him in disbelief and pain. He felt like crying out of anger, wanting to say so many things, but he was sure his voice would break, so he went to his room and closed the door.

Kiyoomi sighed. This turned out way worse than what he imagined.

"Why am I such a jerk?".

He knocked on the door before entering Atsumu's room, finding him sitting on his bed, avoiding his gaze.

"Miya, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that".

The blonde just nodded, still looking away.

Kiyoomi sat beside him, trying to find the right words to say what he was feeling.

Why was that so damn hard?

"I'm sorry about the other day. It's not like I'm fine without talking to you… I just…".

He sighed, insecure of saying that in reality, he was afraid to show him how much he means to him.

He was afraid that Atsumu wouldn't return his feelings. It would hurt too much if he didn't.

Slowly, he took Atsumu's hand, looking at it as Atsumu finally faced him.

"I'm sorry", he repeated as their eyes met.