Chapter 23

The next day, and for the first time since he was on the MSBY'S team, Atsumu called in sick and skipped practice. 

He felt horrible, both physically and emotionally since he could barely sleep that night. 

He couldn't bring himself to play, much less play alongside Kiyoomi. So since it was a friday, he didn't really care much if he didn't show up.

Atsumu meant to try to sleep again, but contrary to what he thought, he was hungry, so he went to the kitchen, finding his brother eating before heading to work.

"... What are ya doing here?", Osamu asked.

"I live here".

"Don't cha have practice today?".

"I don't feel like going", Atsumu answered harshly as he grabbed some bread and milk to take back to his room.

"Someone's grumpy today… What? Yer Omi-kun hasn't said good morning to ya yet?".

"Fuck off, would ya!?".

"Woah! Hey, relax! I'm kidding! What's wrong?".

Atsumu remained silent.

"Did you guys fight again?".

"... We broke up yesterday".

"... He broke up with ya again!? What did ya do this time, Tsumu?".

"What the fuck is that supossed to mean!?", Atsumu shouted angrily, facing his brother.

"What!? It ain't a lie that yer bratty and immature, especially around him. Ya must've done somethin' t-".

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF OUR RELATIONSHIP OR WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN US SO MIND YER OWN FUCKING BUSINESS!".

"Then why do ya think he broke up with ya again, ya dumbass!?".

"I BROKE UP WITH HIM, OK!?".

Osamu was silent for a moment, watching how upset his brother was, immediately knowing that something more serious happened.

"Wh-... Why would ya do that?".

"Cause I got tired of trying! Fuck, I know I might be a jerk and a brat sometimes but I really tried to understand him, to make him trust me, and it just wasn't enough! No matter what I did, he kept pushing me away! And just… Fuck!", Atsumu's voice broke as anger and sorrow began to suffocate him. "It fucking sucked to be the only commited one in the relationship! You have no idea of everything I did, how much I tried to make things right! So don't ya fucking dare say that shit to my face when ya have no idea what happened!".

Atsumu breathed heavily, trying his best to keep himself from crying, feeling even more frustrated when a few tears escaped his eyes, covering his face with his forearm.

"Shit, Tsumu… I'm sorry… I… Didn't know any of that…".

"Yeah so shut yer m-".

"Did he treat you badly?", Osamu asked, suddenly dead serious. Even though his brother was a pain in the ass, he was the only one who could get into fights with him, so he wasn't going to let anyone else hurt him.

Atsumu sighed in frustration.

 "Just… Leave me alone", said as he started to walk towards his room.

"Tsumu, wait. We… Haven't really talked about your relationship with him, lately, but… Ya know ya can tell me anything, right? So if ya wanna talk about it… Imma be there, ok?".

The blonde just nodded, leaving Osamu worried. 

He'd never forgive Sakusa if he did something to him.