Chapter 21

Kiyoomi still didn't feel ready to tell everyone about him and Atsumu, but at least he agreed on telling Osamu and his boyfriend, Suna, so they hung out together sometimes.

Sakusa thought he and Suna were very similar in many aspects, such as their volleyball careers, their resting poker face, and the annoyed expression both made when the twins started their nonsensical fights.

Even though it was hard at first, he was beginning to put aside his awkwardness and enjoy those hang outs after a while, and Atsumu noticed with a certain proud feeling.

He liked it when Kiyoomi relaxed and showed his true self, beyond that emotional shell he always seemed to be in.

And although he felt they were in a better place after that fight, something was still bothering Atsumu.

He knew maybe Kiyoomi just needed more time, but he kind of wanted to go further, physically speaking. He was going slow, and until now, things remained in just kisses, but Atsumu couldn't shake off the idea that Kiyoomi was avoiding him in that aspect, since he was always the one that took the initiative.

The thought of his boyfriend not wanting him in that way crossed his mind, but he pushed it away, knowing it might be just his insecurity speaking.

But how’d he react if he took a step forward?

That afternoon, they met at Kiyoomi’s place a few hours after a match they had in the morning to see the videos of their future rivals' games, and were comparing their own plays.

“And then everyone thought Bokkun would spike, and BAM! I could use him as a decoy!”, the blonde was rambling excitedly about a particularly good play that stayed on his mind.

“You’re telling me all of this as if I hadn't been there, Miya”.

“And then I set it to ya and ya spiked so amazingly it was disgusting!”.

“... Disgusting?”.

“Yeah! Disgustingly amazing!”.

“Is that supposed to be a good thing?”.

“It’s a compliment, Omi-Omi ~”.

“Wow, I’m so flattered”, he said sarcastically.

“Omi!”.

“That just doesn’t sound like a compliment, but thanks I guess”.

“Oh, so ya want me to really compliment ya?”, he said as he smirked and turned on the couch to face him.

“No”, Kiyoomi said while trying to act annoyed.

“Ya know… You look really sexy when you spike”.

Kiyoomis eyes widened a bit before looking away.

“Shut up, Miya”.

“It’s true! And also when you receive, and when you serve, and when you run…”.

Kiyoomi rolled his eyes, cursing at the fact that he was blushing.

Atsumu sat a bit closer.

“... and when you sit on your couch trying to act annoyed”, he almost whispered.

Kiyoomi frowned a bit and faced him, meeting his smug expression and his half-lidded eyes travelling from his eyes to his lips.

The ravenette was about to give him a sarcastic answer when Atsumu’s thumb caressed his chin and jawline, making him unable to move.

The look on Atsumu’s eyes had his heart at full speed already, and when he placed his other hand on his nape and kissed him, he was both flustered and thankful because that’s exactly what he wanted to do.