Trap in caves

Hello everyone! This chapter will give you some questions and annoyance as well. Please don't be mad at me, understand I have to do it, any other option wasn't as good as this one in this part of plot. Now quickly, have a nice week and nice reading time, despite my warning;)

It was two weeks since the fire in Flood's house that unlucky interrupted Sam and Penny in their talk. By this time Ellie managed to put her plan in sunny light. When Sam, Penny and Arnold came back from their work in town, Ellie found the time great for opening cards.

"Do we have enough sand for tommorrow?" Ellie asked casually, when her friends entered the room.

"Yes, luckily" Sam agreed, sitting at the table as well as Penny and Arnold did it too. "Where is Elvis?" Sam looked around.

"He felt worse and Station Officer Steele sent him back to home" Ellie explained, when the fire bell rang.

"Sarah and James got lost in caves" Station Officer Steele announced by a speaker. "Sam, Penny, this is a job for you" he ordered.

Sam and Penny slid down the bars without the word and quickly got into Venus. They calmly reached Bessie's garage and brought her out of her house. Then they got to the mountains and Penny slowly lead Sam inside the caves. Fortunately it didn't take them long until they heard a quiet sob. They followed the sound and they found the twins in the lower cave. As soon as Sarah and James saw their uncle, they throw themselves in his strong arms.

"What are you doing here?" Sam asked a little sternly, but Penny recognized the relief painting on his face.

"We played hide and seek and by accident we came here and couldn't find way out by a longer while" James explained.

"Here, drink this" Penny handed them the bottle with hot tea. The twins drank it quickly and said thank you to Penny.

"So let's get out of here" Sam suggested and they were going to the hole in the wall by which they walked inside, when they heard a scary noise.

"Penny! Look out!" Sam shouted when some rocks fall right in the hole and grabbed Penny's wrist to pull her back. When the danger was out, Sam and Penny noticed the twins weren't with them. "Sarah! James! Are you there?!" Sam asked worriedly, his voice trembling. Penny carefull put her hand on his shoulder to calm him a little and showed him he wasn't alone.

"We're here, uncle Sam! Safe and sound" Sarah answered from the other side of rocks. "Are you and Penny alright?" the girl asked caringly. She and her twin brother loved their uncle and really liked Penny, that was the reason they agreed to take part in Ellie's plan today.

"We're good" Sam replied. "Penny, are there any other way out of here?" Sam turned to his colleague.

"I'm sorry, Sam, but I don't think so, only this one" she said guiltly, which brought Sam to encouragely squeezed her hand and sent her a brief smile.

"Sarah, James, listen to me! Wait there, we call for help" Sam calmed the twins and clicked the alarm bottom in his radio.

"Alright, uncle Sam" James and Sarah said in union, sitting with their backs to rocks as same as did Sam and Penny. Penny managed to give a
two blankets throght rocks to kids, however Sam wondered who needed it more, because he felt how Penny briefly shivered next to him. He looked at her questioningly and her face showed him that he didn't have any other option. Sam gently laid his arm on her shoulder and pulled her a little closer to him, to share his warmness with her. To his surprise she accepted it without hesitation and they sat there in silence until Penny was warm again. Then they broke away and vontinued sitting in silence.

"Thank you for saving me" Penny brought the silence.

"Nothing to talk about" Sam shrugged his shoulders.

"Modest like always" Penny teased him.

"I just paid the favor. So our bill is clear right now" Sam joked and they both laughed quietly.

"You know all this time when we are working together, we are like puzzle. One fits to other. You know caves and mountains while I grow up playing on Pontypandy Island and forest. And beach as well as sea are the places we know together. Furthermore as a team leader we make an amazing team" Penny listened to Sam's speech, wondering if her dream had a chance to someday come true.

"And we have been developing our friendship all day at work anew" she added when Sam took a longer breath.

"I need to tell you something" they said in union when on their faces embarrassed smiled danced. However they didn't have an opportunity once again, because they heard whispers from the other side of rocks.

"Have plan worked?" They heard Ellie's voice. "Nothing worked on them, I swear" after a minute they heard how she muttered angrily and then they saw her face in the hole in rocks. It didn't take Ellie and Arnold too long to get their friends out of trap.

Then Penny sat again in Bessie with Ellie next to her, while Sarah and James came with Sam and Arnold in Pontypandy Flyer with Gareth, who helped Ellie and Arnold in rescue.

"What kind of plan this time you have invented, Ellie?" Penny asked suspiciously.

"I haven't invented anything. Boring" Ellie answered offendly, but mumbled under her nose: "Besides it wouldn't work anyway with such stubborn heads like them, no matter what we do, it always end the same way, unsuccessfully."