Second day in hospital

Hello everyone! Here comes next part of Penny's "visit" in hospital. It was a little surprising turn in writing for me, so maybe for you in reading it will be as well. Have a nice weekend as it already is Friday evening;)

Next day when Penny woke up, she felt someone's gaze was laying on her and she recognized this feeling from countless moments. She turned her head to see Sam, who was sitting on the chair.

"Good morning, Sam" she greeted him when a shy smile appeared on his face. "But what are you doing here?"

"I just come for a moment, I have to be on a training at Newtown by half an hour. How are you?" He asked and a sound of such cariness in his voice melt Penny's heart.

"A little weak" Penny answered honestly. She trusted Sam, in front of him she didn't need to pretend she was always strong.

She tried to take a plate with breakfast, but once again her left arm was not used to do something like that, so Sam had to help her, but noone of them had something against it. Then in silence Sam handed her breakfast and she ate it slowly.

"I'm sorry, Penny, but Chief Fire Officer Boyce will be mad if I'm late, you know him" Sam apoligised, walking slowly to the door. "Your aunt will try to come to you today as well as I try" he added at the goodbye before he closed the door after himself.

Penny closed her eyes, trying to catch at least short nap, but her hopes died as soon as they were born, because of Diana's face showing at the door.

"Hi" she walked shyly to the room. "A time for your today's examination and also a time to check what's happened to your shoulder" she announced quickly with encouraging smile. However Penny couldn't let a thought something was wrong with Diana out of her head. Something in her posture and the way of today's behavior was diffrent. Was it guiltiness?
Penny didn't have enough time to notice more, because the nurse quickly helped her get on the wheelchair again and they left the room. Diana gave Penny a lift to the X-Ray room and stopped for a moment.

"I'll come back to take you from here. Doctor Laury is as great as doctor Jenkins. I'm sure she is going to take the same good care of your shoulder as of your arm" and with this words she disappeared after first corridon.

Penny knocked to the door and when she heard a kind "come in, please", she entered rolling the wheelchair down by the floor. Doctor Laury was a woman at Penny's age with dark brown hair and deep black eyes hidden behind big, purple glasses. She wrote something quickly on computer and she turned her attention to Penny.

"Our famous firewoman!" she greeted and at the same moment when Penny smiled, she felt like her cheeks began to be a little hotter either. "So doctor Jenkins and nurse Hyde told me you need another examination, this time about your shoulder, am I right?"

"Yes, doctor. Yesterday when I moved my right shoulder it hurted and it has been worring me all this time" Penny admited.

"Don't you know the first step to be fit again is rest?" She asked sceptically.

"I'm sorry, but the knowledge if my shoulder is also injured and if it something bad, it could delete my work partly or temporary from my life and it will probably be too much for my mental health this time" Penny agreed shyly. She just couldn't imagine her life without work, it was something that added to her life sense, some kind of destination to reach everyday anew.

"I understand, I also feel if I lost my eyesight, I could end best part of my life as well, I mean a job" she admited, smiling sympathetically. "But now to your check-ups. Your arm have another time to look at with me right before you are going to get back to home, so we're going to leave this case far for today. Unless you have questions?" She asked, but Penny shook her head. "So now, your shoulder..."

Doctor Laury came to Penny and slowly took a sling off her shoulder, helping Penny laid her arm comfortably on the table. Then she turned the X-Ray ecran on and carefully touched Penny's shoulder with the camera. Penny shivered not knowing exactly if it was either from cold of the surface or from pain.

"Keep steady for a minute" Doctor Laury ordered and after one long minute she gave Penny a sign it was ready. She helped her pacient took her hand back into sling and put it again. Then she asked Penny to stayed for a moment longer before she would have a look at the X-Ray photo.
"Have a look" Doctor Laury broke the silence, turning a little a computer screan to Penny. She showed with help of her pencil a middle-lenght black hole between two grey stripes, Penny recognized as bones. "This is a small dislocation. It is nothing to worry about as long as it didn't begin to hurt you with every movement of your whole arm, not only shoulder, or, worse option, until you won't be able to move your whole arm and shoulder. I suspect that taking it easy and taking good care of it, for example a little ice from time to time wouldn't make it worse, will be enough to get your shoulder back to its best" she advised. "But I will be really careful with it. A small dislotions of everything likes to come back in worse versions if one is not careful" she warned.

"I promise I will take a good care of my shoulder, doctor" Penny ended, just in time when Diana walked through door. She took Penny away and without word to her room.

Penny wanted to ask if something happened that Diana has been so quiet all this time, but she felt strange. To this point when she was again in bed all she wanted was a dream nap, but even this time it went unsuccessfully.

"By the way how are you?" Diana asked when she wanted to leave Penny for a little rest. Penny smiled, feeling weak again.

"I was better at morning, now I feel a little bit strangely weak" Penny admited looking down on her covers. She really didn't like to let other people noticed she was weak or ill or injured, it wasn't in her style, but she didn't have any other choice right now. Diana looked at her worriedly and, looking directly at Penny's face, she carefully touched Penny's forehead, making a way for her hand by a bandage.

"It isn't a surprise for me. Your forehead is a bit hotter than it should be and it seems like you're having a fever, even by look at your eyes" Diana sighed and took out of one of her pockets a thermometer. "Yes, I'm right, thirty-seven. But sometimes some people get a fever after X-Ray, so it would explain why you got one after your arm has been put in cast after you came here" she said.
Luckyly, doctor Jenkins, who came a moment later, said if it was only once, it wouldn't threaten her life and so it wouldn't change her date of leaving the hospital. Unlucky, the doctor forbade any visit today to let Penny rest. And so she did, but hardly, because she usually didn't get on well with a friend like fever.