Third day in hospital

Hello everyone! I know a little too late with this chapter, moreover it is probably the shortest I have even written, so I'm far from satisfied, but I couldn't have thought of anything else in better version, so it stays as it is now. Anyway I hope you will be at least a little happy with it;)

"What happened yesterday?" Sam and Penny's aunt asked at the same time, when they went through the door to room. Penny rubbed her eyes from sleep, they had woken her up. She looked at them both and smiled weakly, trying to strenghten herself up, but Sam gently pull her back on the pillow.

"Doctor said you should lay down one more day" Penny's aunt announced, worriedly looking into her niece's eyes.

"I know" Penny muttered sourly. "I should rest."

"And better keep to this kind of thinking, little fish" she commented as Sam didn't hold on time his laughter and Penny looked at him confused.

"Anyway, how are you, Penny?" Sam asked when he calmed down enough, he broke the tense in the air with his smile.

"She seemed better and Doctor Jenkins told the fever ended when she fall asleep yesterday" Penny's aunt summed up everything she heard from the doctor on the hall.

"The fever came from X-Ray when they wanted to check if something didn't also happen to my shoulder. Fortunately it is only bad bruised" Penny explained, bitting her down lip invisibly, she knew she didn't tell the truth, but it wasn't hard to notice how exhausted her aunt was. She had circles under her eyes and she seemed like she fought hard against yawns, so Penny, despite it hurt her heart about making this decision, decided to leave her aunt without adding her worries again.

"Nice to hear you're better" Sam summed up with relief in his voice. It was strange, but he felt not only relief that Penny was slowly going to wellness, he got an impression she hid something, but as he knew her if she did, she had to have really important reason.

"One more thing, little fish. Today you aren't probably going to have any more check-ups. Docktor Jenkins told me it is a day of total rest for you" Penny's aunt informed her niece. "Unfortunately it also means it is time for us" she sighed, walking to the door. Sam followed her and they waved for a goodbye.
The rest of day was quiet and calm, so Penny really rested this day. However the guilty feeling that she lied to her aunt had been chasing her in dreams all time.