Day 388

"Is everyone ready?" I asked, facing them all.

Everyone agreed, so we left the treehouse. If we're gonna get to our destination, we'd have to take stops. So, finding places where it's safe enough to sleep is gonna be hard to find.

"Okay, I say we walk the highway. Maybe even find a working car?" Kade suggested.

"If we find a working car... don't let Belle drive." I joked, looking back at her.

"Number 1: I am a great driver, and number 2... that was one time." She held in a laugh.

I laughed, "I say we take the subway trails."

"Wouldn't that be a five star for herds?" Freya asked.

"Have you ever tried taking the highway? That shit is infected with the infected. Plus, we've taken the tracks a bunch of times." We made our way into the city.

"If you think it's the safest route then... let's do it." Kade agreed.

———————

We made our way to the subway, right above the stairs. I grabbed my baseball bat just in case, and started going down.

"It's usually more active in the day time, so they can hide from the sun I guess." I shrugged, "oh fuck."

The ground was flooded.

"When did this happen?" Belle shook her head, "I don't want to walk through water

"When did this happen?" Belle shook her head, "I don't want to walk through water."

"It is the most safe option now." Freya noticed, "the infected... do they even like water?"

I shook my head, "I don't know."

"When we were in the basement of my apartment building, it was flooded. When the rest of the building was infected, they never came in the water." Kade pointed out.

"But the splashing will make noise... what if they wait for us." Belle also pointed out.

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see." I stepped into the water, watching it go up to my knees.

"It's not that deep, we'll be fine." Kade stepped in too.

Freya followed Kade and Belle still didn't want to come in, "You know, I really like these boots."

I crossed my arms, "well, I have your monsters in my bag." I opened the zipper and took one out, "I could just empty them all right no-"

She stepped in the water and took it out of my hand, "let's go people, what are you waiting for."

Freya rolled her eyes and followed her, "you."

They walked ahead of us actually getting along for once, while me and Kade walked a few steps back.