Day 391

Long story short, they didn't open the gate last night. We waited and waited, but we predicted that they were sleeping... well, Freya did.

I was currently awake since it was my turn to keep guard, even though it's morning now. We had set up the lamps in the middle of us as we all laid around it.

They all woke up eventually, and stood up immediately. We gathered all our things, keeping our weapons in hand.

I banged on the door, making it echo throughout the woods. That probably wasn't a good idea, but they seem pretty safe.

I could hear some rustling from the other side, but what caught us off guard was a kid at the very top of the gate.

He was speaking in a different language, and waved down to us. I waved back only to see him point at us while speaking.

"What's happening?" Freya asked, referring to the noises on the other side.

The gate slowly opened as we were rushed inside. It was actually more impressive then I thought.

There was a building inside with tin boarding up the windows. They used more scrap metal to create huge stands and lookouts. They had multiple vehicles inside that had a bunch of ressources in it for outside the walls.

"Holy shit." I mumbled whilst looking around.

The moment we stepped inside, all eyes were on us. It was a bit nerve racking honestly.

A dark skinned woman with tight curls and kinks in her short hair approached us. Her eyes were as dark as the night sky, I practically see my reflection. She seemed to be in her late twenties/early thirties.

"Were you followed?" She asked firmly, her accent was strong, but so subtle.

I shook my head, "no, we kept guard all night."

She furrowed her eyebrows, "you waited all night?"

I nodded my head. She shook hers in what seems to be disappointment, "follow me."

She walked us into the factory as everyone continued to stare, "everyone get back to work!" She yelled, the people went back to what they were doing.

"They sure are intimidated by you." Belle spoke up.

She stopped walking and looked back, "I wouldn't think so... are you?"

Belle shook her head 'no' silently. The woman chuckled and turned around.

We entered the building to see lots of supplies and training stations, which I'll definitely be using. She walked us around the whole building, showing us the little cafe, training, lounge, meeting room, bathrooms and more.

It wasn't huge, but those little rooms were better then sleeping in cars.

"Now let me show to where you will be staying." She opened a latch to a latter.

"there's a basement too?" Kade said in shock.

The woman laughed and continued to go down the latter.

"Are you all comfortable with staying in the same room?" She asked, showing us to a large room with a few beds.

We all nodded considering we have been for a few days now.