Day 395

"Haven't we had enough of stupid plans?" She rolled her eyes.

I shook my head, "given that we've never had a successful plan... no, we haven't."

She sighed, "...okay, what's the plan."

I smirked and grabbed the rope off the ground, "okay this is gonna sound crazy, but we're gonna get rid of this whole herd for good." I walked over to cliff, "see those tree roots that grow out for the cliff a little?"

"Mhm?"

"Well, " I got in my stomach to reach the roots and tie the rope a bunch of times, "the plan is, I'm gonna tie this around my foot and jump off. I'll swing under the roots which will give me protection when the herd chases me off. Then you come down from that tree and help pull me up."

She stared at me, "this is a joke right? Because we don't have time for jokes right n-"

"It's not a joke, Freya." I fixed my gaze on her, "now go climb that tree please."

"I don't want you to do it by yourself." She told me as she grabbed extra rope from her bag.

"Belle would freak." I shook my head and tied a loop into the rope, in which will be holding me up.

"Well, Belle isn't here." She copied the way I laid down to tie the rope to the roots.

I sighed and shook my head, "fine, but if you die that's on me. I don't wanna take the blame for that too."

She smiled, "good thing know ones dying."

"Ready?"

"Ready."

I let out a loud yell, "hey assholes!! Over here!!"

"Is it bad I'm scared now?" Freya gripped onto the rope.

"Be afraid... and do it anyway." I fixed my gaze on the herd starting to appear through the trees.

"Over here!" She yelled, backing up towards the edge.

"Wait till they're almost too close." A piece of ground underneath the back of my foot fell out, "Jesus, be careful."

She nodded and looked back to the infected, "this is a really stupid idea, Wren!"

They were starting to get very close, "stupid ideas have great outcomes all the time!"

The moment the runners got about an arm length away.

We jumped.

Kade

"Well no, if we went that way, we're gonna get lost." Belle yelled at me.

"Belle, we're lost either way!" I shook my head.

"Okay, well... fuck you! O-or something."

I sighed, "I say that if we keep walking in the same direction we'll make our way out of the woods somehow."

She shook her head, "look, I don't want to walk anywhere anymore. This is such bul-"

She was cut off by a yell.

"Were they yelling at us?" I asked.

"It sounded like Wren!" She shouted.

We both started running towards the noise, but I stopped her at the sight of a herd.

I shushed her and pointed towards the herd.

She looked at me with disgust, "dont fucking shush me." Her eyes traced towards the herd, "never mind, I'll shut up."