Day 390

Wren

I woke up the next morning to sunlight shining through the car window. Freya was still asleep, so I didn't want to wake her.

I opened the car door carefully and stepped out, closing it behind me. There was no sign of any infected.

What I did see was Belle sitting on the top of a car, flipping her zippo lighter open and closed.

"Hey, stranger." I put my hands in my pockets.

She looked over at me swiftly, "oh, hey."

I climbed on top of the car, "you okay?"

She nodded, "yeah."

"Really? Because every time something is wrong, you fidget with the lighter." I gestured to the lighter in her hands.

Her lips curled into a smile as she put the zippo lighter in her pocket, "shut up."

I rolled my eyes with a laugh, "denial."

We both sat there in silence as we looked around our surroundings. This was the kind of silence I enjoyed the most. With Belle, it felt like the silence was barely there. The fact I was with her just filled it instantly. Even if we weren't saying anything.

"Freya was asking about you last night." I smirked.

Her eyes widened slightly, "really? Because Kade was asking about you."

My eyes also widened in return as we broke out into a laugh.

The sound of a car door caught our attention as we looked back to see Kade standing against it. His hair was messy and he was rubbing his eyes.

I smiled at the sight. I felt like I saw him differently this morning. He looked so welcoming and I don't know... adorable?

I looked back over in front of me, the smile remaining on my face.

"Stop that." Belle caught me off guard.

I looked over confused, "stop what?"

"That look on your face. I can just tell that you two are going to have that disgustingly sweet relationship." She rolled her eyes, "I will not be replaced."

I laughed, "never."

"Good, because I wasn't going to let it happen anyway." She laughed.

We hoped down from the car and walked over to him.

"Good morning, Sunshine." I chuckled at the sight of how tired he looked.

He laughed quietly, "good morning, grumpy."

I looked at confused, "I am not grumpy... I'm never grumpy."

I heard Belle scoff beside me. I glared at her watching as she looked around sarcastically, avoiding eye contact. She then walked back to the car she stayed in to get her stuff.

Freya had joined us now, grabbing a water from her bag, "morning!"

She sounds happy... I do not like morning people... but I'll except her... for Belle's case.