Day 395

Wren

You slept up the early lunch to my my listening of sunlight.

Wait, hang on, I'm not awake yet.

I rubbed my eyes and leaned off of the tree I had fallen asleep on. I had my machete in hand in case I heard any of the runners.

I stood up and looked around my surroundings. I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping it was all just a dream.

But of course, the luck of Wren strikes once again!

"Shut the fuck up." I mumbled to a bird making the loudest noises.

I walked further into the bush, continuing my fun little adventure to find my friends. Honestly I don't know if Im even gonna find my way out of this bush. I mean, how could I have gotten lost so fast.

It was rather annoying actually.

Like why? All I know is that we all ran in separate directions, and now we can't even hear each other yell.

"Belle!" I shouted, "Kade! Freya!"

I groaned in annoyance.

I had managed to walk so far into the forest that I almost stepped off of a damn cliff. Yup, you heard me correctly.

"A FUCKING CLIFF!?" I yelled out of anger.

"Alright, I must have teleported out of this goddamn town!" I shouted.

I sat down on the edge of the cliff, watching the water splash against the rocks. That is definitely a danger to society.

I sat there for a bit before I heard a yell. It sounded human, making me stand up quickly.

"Hello?!" I yelled back.

"Over here!"

I ran straight towards the voice, branches hitting me occasionally. I got one right across the cheek and it definitely broke the skin.

"Ah fuck." I stopped and held me cheek slightly. I wiped off the blood on my legs and started running again.

"Where are you?!" I asked, looking around in all directions.

"Up here!"

Up?

I looked up in the trees and saw a hand waving at me farther away, "Freya?"

I walked up to the big tree and saw Freya sitting there with rope tied around her, to the tree.

It's giving Katniss Everdeen.

"Holly shit am I happy to see you." I stood there with my hands on my hips, looking up.

"Are you gonna stand there like a proud mom, or come cut me down?"

I stayed silent for a minute, "I mean, I wouldn't mind staying li-"

"Shut up and climb the damn tree." She shook her head.

I chuckled, throwing my machete into the ground and climbed up to the branch she was on, "why did you tie it so tight?"

"I didn't want to fall." She shrugged.

"Fair enough." I cut the rope with a pocket knife from her med kit.

I climbed back down the tree and jumped off, grabbing my machete, "that was a scratch from an infected was it?"