Day 392

Wren

I woke up the next morning to see Freya and Belle still asleep in their beds. Kade wasn't around, so he must have already left.

I got up and walked into the closet and got changed. I had a few different options now. I threw on a black, cropped, tank top and a pair of green, cargo shorts. I paired it with the same flannel I took from the mall and a pair of black combat boots.

I walked out of our room and noticed how calm everyone was. A fair amount of people were already awake. The chattering was so soft and welcoming, yet nerve racking. I haven't been around this many people in 390 days.

I noticed Kade leaning against the wall while talking to a guy. I walked up to them.

"Woah, hey there." The guy winked at me.

"Yeah, fuck off." I smiled innocently and turned to Kade who stared at the guy.

"Who's the girl, Kade?" The guy asked, looking me up and down.

It's literally morning... fuck off.

Kade huffed, "This is Wren. Wren this is Daxton."

He held out his hand for me to shake... I didn't shake it.

I nodded, "nice."

"Ouch, I'm hurt." He held his hand on his chest in mock hurt. He nudged Kade in the arm to get him to say something.

"Yeah, come on Wren! Be nice for once." He laughed like a total douche and did a handshake with Daxton.

What the fuck?

I raised my eyebrows confused, "Um... you good?"

"Oh I'm perfect girly, don't worry bout' me." He waved me off.

I scrunched my face in disgust of this new personality, "I'm gonna go."

"Do whatever you want!" He laughed.

I looked him up and down, who the hell is that. It's like a whole new Kade... I don't like it.

I noticed that girl Marlee I had talked to yesterday, so I went to go speak with her.

"Hey, Marlee, right?" I asked, even though I already know her name. You have to start conversation somehow.

She smiled, "Yeah! You're Wren if I'm not mistaken?"

I smiled, "yep that's me."

"Im glad you came up to me yesterday, you seemed pretty cool when you walked in." She giggled, handing me a coffee.

I took it and smiled, "probably because I am." I flicked my hair sarcastically.

We both laughed as we made small talk about the safe zone and how life beyond the walls were for 390 days.

I noticed Freya and Belle in the distance, so I waved them down.

They waved and walked over, "love the fit." Belle complimented.

"Thanks." I smirked.

"Who's this?" Freya asked.

"Right, this is Marlee. Marlee this is Freya and Belle." I introduced them.

Marlee smiled, "it's really nice to meet you guys."

Freya nodded in agreement, "I like your name!"

"I like yours too." She chuckled.

I could see Belle roll her eyes. That's basically the same thing she told her.

"Hate to change the subject, but why is Kade acting like such a douche." Belle cut in.