Chapter 15: Rift

"Come on, pick up, pick up, please!" Rainbow Dash begged as she kept tapping the name of her boyfriend's contact.

She felt tears threatening to fall. She needed someone. Anyone. She couldn't keep it in.

She tried ten more times to contact him, but he didn't pick up. She settled on calling Twilight instead.

"Twi?" she croaked out.

"Rainbow? What happened?" Twilight asked, concerned.

"I just- I really need someone to talk to."

So, she shared everything.

Her father's words hurt her...

But what hurt more was Soarin not picking up.

------

"Hey, Soar. How's your day been?" They were laying on their bed, about to go to sleep.

"Hm," he hummed. "It was actually great! Albeit very busy, but it was great still!"

"That's good! Uh, what have you been doing anyway?" he raised a brow at that.

"What else? We were training. Look, I know we haven't been hanging out a lot alright? Trust me, after Analise's show, we are going to take a vacation."

Rainbow forced a smile.

He didn't mention the missed calls.

It's been weeks. Weeks since Soarin had started practicing with Analise. She knows she shouldn't, but she couldn't help it. She was getting jealous of Analise. It's always Analise this, Analise that. When would he get to spend time away from that girl?

"I'm gonna go to sleep, Dashie. We have early practice tomorrow." He kissed her forehead.

She shrugged off her worries in her sleep.

For the first time in her life, Rainbow was doubting Soarin Skies.