Chapter 34: Parallel

She stopped at a cliffside a little way down from a tiny road.

It was a place she knew well.

The second night of her running away from her mansion ten years ago were hard. She almost felt the urge to return. But instead, her sixteen-year-old self went the opposite direction of their mansion, where she found the tiny cliffside she was currently sitting on.

Ever since then, it became her resting place.

If the stress was too much, she'd come there to cool off.

And if she was feeling something troubling her that she wanted to keep to herself, she would sit there gazing at the moon and stars, admiring their beauty for hours.

And now, she was there again.

------

Despite the absolute shit show earlier was, the night was actually quite peaceful.

Until she heard footsteps behind her.

Even so, she didn't move. If they were planning something bad, she could defend herself easily. She was just too lazy to move.

The person shocked her as they sat down next to her.

It was Soarin.

Instead of talking, he just gave her a soft smile and stared straight at her eyes.

After a few more seconds, Rainbow spoke, "I'm sorry, Soarin."

Just like the 8 years ago, they spent the night under the moonlight together.

But instead of only hertalking, they talked together.