Chapter 26: Bitter

Her eyes made contact with his.

And they stared. Both eyes filled with deep emotion. One with longing, and one with aversion.

The room started piling up. One by one, her old teammates entered. None of them disturbing the ongoing gazing battle. It seemed like everybody was busy doing their own thing, or at least pretending to.

Both of them knew they were watching, observing, waiting for one or the other to snap.

And when Soarin Skies had finally gained courage to speak, the door opened once more to reveal the one who started it all.

Analise.

Nothing changed it seemed. She still had that gorgeous silky long blonde hair, those crystal-like blue eyes, and that innocent little face. Rainbow Dash wasn't going to lie and try to tear the poor girl down. Analise was pretty. She was kind. She was nice. And she had that childlike wonder that she lost a long time ago.

Maybe that's the reason why he did it?

Was she not pretty enough with her boyish style? Was she not kind enough with her braggy attitude? Was she not nice enough with her confident aura? Was she too fucked in the head to be loved?

Maybe.

Maybe Analise had all the things that she was missing.

Analise was just better altogether.

She accepted that long ago.

But that didn't mean she wasn't still bitter.

So, when Analise gave her a soft smile,

She turned her head and looked at the other direction.