Chapter 16: Fracture

Rainbow Dash's heart felt like it was being crushed by boulders.

They were laughing, teasing, having fun. Soarin texted her earlier, saying he couldn't make it to dinner again. In her concern, Rainbow packed up some food to go to the headquarters, so her boyfriend didn't have to go home to eat.

When she got there though, she was greeted by a sight that would haunt her for life.

He wasn't busy training Analise. He was busy with her. They were teasing, and It was familiar. Their movements reflected how she and Soarin used to act. While they were a couple.

He was flirting.

Oh god.

It hurt.

The pain was overwhelming.

So, Rainbow Dash did what she did best.

She ran.

------

"I need to talk to you, Soar."

It was the next day. Rainbow Dash got to the headquarters early, and her boyfriend was there, conversing with that girl.

"Oh! I'll see you later, Analise." He waved the girl goodbye. "Hey, Dashie! What is it?" he had the audacity to give her a smile.

"I was thinking somewhere more private." With that, they went in an empty room, far away from everybody.

"...Soarin, I don't know how to say this," she sighed, "I think- No, I want you to stay away from Analise."

Soarin stilled, "What?"

"I want you to stay away from Analise." She stared him straight in the eyes.

"What? W-Why?"

Rainbow felt her emotions getting high, "Because I'm getting jealous of her! It's always Analise needs me for this! Analise needs me for that! Why is it always you?!" she sighed, "I asked Spitfire already. She agreed and she's going to task someone else on her. I don't want you hanging out with her anymore, Soarin."

Her boyfriend was quiet for a long time, before sagging his shoulders and nodding his head, "Alright, if that's what you want, I'll try."

"Thank you." She mumbled.

Soarin left. This time, not bothering to give her a kiss on the forehead.