Chapter 21: Five Years Later

"Ma'am? Henry needs the files to be completed today. What should I tell him?" Sylvie, her assistant, asked.

Rainbow Dash sat on her office chair as she typed away on the desktop, "Tell him I'll get it done later. I'm still working on the report for tomorrow's meeting."

The girl nodded, tapping multiple buttons on her tablet as she walked to the door.

"Oh! and could ya' tell me where dad is? I gotta tell him something."

The assistant scrambled to get her tablet to the schedule file, "Uh... Just a sec, Ma'am... Here! He's actually in a meeting with the board of directors right now." Sylvie beamed.

"What? A meeting? With the board? Without me?" Rainbow scoffed, "Why the heck was I not informed?"

Sylvie started sweating, "Um, uh, I... don't know?"

Rainbow wasn't impressed. "Just take me there."

------

The past five years of being the president of Air Equestria wasn't as bad as Rainbow Dash expected them to be.

She remembered having nightmares about it in her childhood.

It was so much more than just an office job.

They got to go to different countries, meet different people, talk to the media, and most importantly, use their influence to better the world. It was actually kind of awesome.

But, sometimes Rainbow wondered what could've happened if she stayed being a wonderbolt.

If she didn't barge into Spitfire's office and told her she quit.

Would she be happier?

It didn't matter anyway. She was never going back.

The Wonderbolts were her past.

So why couldn't she forget them?