Chapter 30: Sprinkle

They had spent a week practicing. Well, at least the Wonderbolts had. Rainbow Dash just observed, sometimes corrected, their routine.

Everything was going smooth. There were not much problems, and they mostly just left her alone when they weren't asking questions related to the routine.

Only three more weeks, and she would be free from interacting with them.

But it seemed fate had other plans.

On the 12th day of them working together, Rainbow Dash had not been looking at the way she was going. Instead, she was looking at the files she needed to finish that night. In her distracted state, she did not notice the person standing in her way.

"Oof-" Rainbow Dash hit the soft body of a person, dropping her files.

Before the files were able to drop to the ground, she had grabbed some of them.

And so did the person she hit.

She sighed at her actions, "I am so sorr-" her words were cut off by seeing the face in front of her.

It was Soarin Skies.

As their eyes made contact, he gave her a bright smile. "Oh, hey, Rainbow! Here," he gave her the other files he caught, "Uh... do you need some help carrying them?"

"No." she said immediately, speed-walking away from him.

And instead of taking the hint like she had expected him to, he followed her towards Spitfire's office.

"You're meeting with Spitfire, right?" he asked, "I'll walk you there!"

"No thanks. I can walk there myself-" He grabbed her wrist, leading her to the captain's office.

This triggered memories to register in her mind. One memory in particular.

It was the first time he had asked her on a date. The time where he made her wear a blindfold and lead her by her wrist to the beautiful headquarters garden.

The memory gave her feel longing.

And unknowingly, she got butterflies in her stomach.