Chapter 27: High Expectations

To say the atmosphere was awkward was an understatement.

All eyes were on the three of them, and they didn't know what to do.

After Rainbow Dash had blatantly ignored Analise, they all just tried to get back to their own conversations. But they were still keeping an ear out for what might possibly get down this day.

Rainbow Dash kept herself busy with reading the files about their newest project. While she might not be as smart as twilight, she grew up surrounded by people who ran successful businesses. She was confident in her intelligence.

Soon, the captain arrived. And they were all lead to a meeting room.

------

The meeting started out simple. Misty Fly and Analise were in charge of creating the routine which would showcase the capabilities of their company's newest flying product. And since they created the routine, they would be the ones to present it.

"Hm, is this really the best you can do?"

Rainbow Dash's question stunned all. She said it with such a serious expression that her old teammates almost forgot they knew her.

Misty, who was too shocked to speak, just stood there.

Analise got over her shock first, "Uh... Well, uh... What part of the routine did you not like, Rainbo-?" the girl faltered when she was Rainbow Dash wince at the use of her name.

"Well," Rainbow bit her lip, "How do I say this," she sighed, "It's just not... very satisfactory. You aren't showing off what the product can do. What makes this one so different from the others? What gives it the upper hand? Ugh, Did you even read the file they sent you?"

"Rainbow, calm down." Her father ordered.

She rolled her eyes in response.

"I want a new routine tomorrow. Make sure it's worthwhile this time."

She left the meeting room.