Angel Underneath - Damian Priest

Pulling up at the arena I couldn't wait to get out of this car, I had driven here with my best friend Dolph and he had done nothing but chew my ear off about my current storyline. Six months ago I had been asked to become Damian Priest's manager and I jumped at the chance, Dolph however damn near had a heart attack.

It was well known within the roster that Damian had a temper and if pushed could snap and become slightly violent, personally I had only seen that side of him during his matches I had never seen it outside of the ring. He was also know for keeping to himself, and being the quiet moody type and I could understand why people tended to keep their distance.

"I'm sorry y/n I just can't understand how you can keep working with him" he sighs "I'm worried about you, I don't want you getting hurt"

"Dolph I appreciate you going all big brother and wanting to protect me" I smile "but please trust me when I tell you that I am perfectly safe, my D would never lay a hand on me"

"wait a sceond.....your D?" he says eyeing my suspiciously "Oh hell no, please tell me you haven't crossed the line with him"

"Look you may not be happy with it but Damian is my choice" I say "Your my best friend and I love you but if you can't be happy for me I'm done"

"Y/n the guy is psycho, you've seen the way he snaps in the ring" he says "what if he does that to you? I love you too and I want to be happy for you but I'm worried"

"How can you call him a psycho when you don't know him?" I ask "you know I wish all of you would take the time to get to know him, then maybe you would see what I see" I snap storming off into the arena

Truth was nobody sees what I see because Damian doesn't them, the real man isn't some crazy person with a short fuse, he's sweet, kind, gentle, a little shy, basically underneath everything they see he is an angel and I am the only one who gets to see it. He treated me like I was something delicate that he was afraid to break both in and out of the bedroom and I loved him for it.

During the course of getting to know each other he had told me that he hadn't always been this way that he used to let everyone see his softer side but during his time on the indies he had been told that his softer side made him appear weak so he buried it. The problem now was that he had buried it for so long he didn't know how to let it out except when he was with me.

He had told me I made him fee safe enough to let it show, because I had never judged him and I had taken the time to get to know him. Our relationship also allowed me to do something no one else could, calm him when he snapped and that was part of my manager gimmick taming him.

Pushing open the door to our locker room I find Damian in there doing push ups, I watch for a moment simultaneously admiring his muscular body and his back tattoo, I wasn't normally a tattoo person but his were a complete turn on for me.

I sit down on the couch and let out a soft sigh, within seconds Damian is on his knees in front of me concern written all over his face.

"What is it?" he asks cupping my cheek and looking into my eyes "what's wrong"

"Dolph" I sigh placing my hand on top of his "he's worried about me he wants me to stop working with you"

"I'd never hurt you princesa" he says "you know that"

"I know but he doesn't" I say "If you could just let him see the man that I see he wouldn't worry"

"This side is only for you" he says "The others would think I'm weak"

"Listen to me" I say taking his face in my hands "Being a good man with a good heart does not make you weak, forget what they told you back then, don't be afraid to let them see the real you" I say resting my head against his

"For you I'll try" he says "just promise me that you won't leave me, that you'll keep working with me"

"I promise, I'm not going anywhere" I say and he presses a soft kiss against my lips and then very gently runs his fingers down my cheek.

Later that night we headed out to the ring for his match against Dolph, it has been a last minute change at Dolph's request and for some reason I had a very bad feeling about all of this. I stood at ring side watching intently as the two of them traded blows and then out of nowhere Dolph starts slapping Damian around the head, I knew what he was trying to do and despite me shouting at him to stop he just carried on.

Damian gets to his feet and Dolph slaps him across the face, his eyes bulge, his teeth clench, his fists ball up and his chest begins to heave, Dolph had got what he wanted he had made him snap. I climb slowly into the ring as Dolph slaps him a couple more times making him even angrier I knew I had to do something quick before he passed he point of no return.

Reaching out I place a hand on Damian's back and he swings round to face me, it becomes abundantly clear that I am too late Dolph has pushed him too far, I open my mouth to speak but see Damian raise his fist, I hold my arms up to protect myself, for the first time I'm afraid of him,  but nothing happens.

When I open my eyes I see Damian has lowered his fist, his eyes have softened, his teeth have parted, his fists have unballed and his breathing is calming down. I also see the look of horror on his face at the realisation of what he was about to do. He makes a move towards me but Dolph rolls him up for the pin.

Dolph gets up and comes straight over to me "Are you ok? Did he hurt you?" he asks and I shake my head "now do you see why I was worried"

"NO, what I saw was you deliberately making this happen" I say "you pushed him too far just to make a point" I say before getting out of the ring and walking towards the ramp

"Princesa wait" Damian calls after me "Please wait"

I continue to walk up the ramp and into the backstage area with Damien following behind me, I walk into our locker room closing the door behind me and locking it.

"Princesa please open the door" he calls out "Please talk to me, I would never lay a finger on you, you know that, I.....I love you"

That was the first time he had said it, I loved him too but tonight he had frightened me, for a moment I had actually thought he would hurt me and I didn't know what to do with that. Could it be that my angel was more dangerous than I thought?