Let It Be Me - Damian Priest

Nestling into the pillows of my hotel bed I let out a soft sigh, something I had been doing a lot lately. To say I had things on my mind was an understatement.

No sooner had the sigh left my lips then I felt my bed dip, a strong arm snakes around my waist and pulls me back against a firm but comfortable warm body. I smile as my fingertips run over the tattooed arm of the man who for the last few months had kept me sane.

Ever since my ex and I had broken up, he had been by my side, he had comforted me, taken care of me and protected me from the unwanted advances of some of the guys on the roster. But most of all he had been my best friend and confidante.

I can still remember the day I told him that I didn't think I would ever want to be in a relationship again, I remember how he smiled and tucked my hair behind my ear as he said "listen to me  mi pequeña rosa, in time your heart will heal, and one day you will feel able to love some one new, and you have all the time in the world to get there. por favor, deja que sea yo"

From the start I had struggled with sleeping alone, I had shared a bed with some one for so long I didn't know how to sleep alone, Damian had been more than happy to lay beside me and hold me while I slept, never once did he complain.

I tenderly kiss the back of his hand and in response he kisses the back of my shoulder and I feel him smile against my skin. We had been showing each other more and more affection as time had passed and on a couple of occasions we had kissed.

We weren't a couple but I could feel things had changed between us. I wanted him to be more because he was right I did feel able to love some one new I had just never expected that some one to be him.

Trouble was I had no idea if he felt the same way, being like this with him was something I now craved, I longed to be close to him when we are apart and I don't think I could ever give this up.

I had come to depend on him, to need him but I could never find the right moment to talk to him. Without even thinking I let out another sigh.

"Can't you sleep mi pequeña rosa?" He asks softly tightening his arms around me

"No, I have a lot on my mind" I say "but don't let me keep you awake"

"I sleep when you sleep, talk to me" he says shifting himself to rest his chin on my shoulder so he can look at me "You're not still thinking about him are you?"

"No I haven't thought about him in ages" I say "I've been thinking about some one else......a lot and you were right about me being ready one day"

"Do I know this some one?" He asks with a hint of a smile

"Well...yes you do" I say turning to face him at the same time making sure his arms stay around me

"I see" he smiles tucking my hair behind me ear "and does he feel the same?"

"I don't know, I've been wanting to ask him but never found the right moment"  I say biting my lip "I'm hoping he does"

Slowly Damian moves his face closer to mine and I feel my heart begin to race. At this moment my lips are aching for his but he stops millimetres away.

"He does mi pequeña rosa" he whispers "he's just been waiting for you to open your heart and let him in"

"When you said one day I'd feel able to love some one new I didn't realise you meant you" I say and he chuckles softly

"Do you remember what I said after that?" He asks and I nod "it means, please let it be me. I was hoping in time you would give me a chance"

Looking into his eyes I could hardly believe what I had heard. This whole time he had been patiently waiting for my heart to choose him. He had never pushed he had just given me the time I needed to heal.

Smiling he presses his lips to mine and kisses me tenderly. I wrap my arms around him as I kiss him back and just lose myself in him.

All too soon he breaks the kiss and rests his head against mine. After a moment he moves back from me, cups my cheek and looks deep into my eyes.

"Be mine y/n?" He asks "be my girl"

"Yes" I smile "I was yours before you asked, I love you D"

"I love you mi pequeña rosa" he whispers

Damian chuckles softly as I yawn suddenly overcome with tiredness. He guides me to turn over, wrapping his arm around me he pulls me close kissing my shoulder.

"Sleep mi pequeña rosa" he says softly "we can talk more tomorrow"