Nothing Has Changed - Grayson Waller

This one was a request from the lovely Priestgirl4life I really hope you like it. I know it took a while but I wanted to make sure I did my best for you.

Taking in my reflection once again I let out a deep sigh, all I could see was my crooked nose. All it had taken was one misplaced punch to ruin everything.

I had been out for weeks while I healed, the break had bee that bd it required surgery and to top it off Grayson, the man who had been by my side was no longer by my side and it hurt like hell.

Truthfully that last part was my doing, I had pushed him away convinced that if I couldn't see past my changed features then neither would he, how on earth would he still think I was beautiful whe I looked like this.

I loved him more than anything or anyone in this world and it killed me to push him away but somewhere deep inside I believed I was doing the right thing. I wouldn't let him visit me, slowly I stopped answering his calls and messages and I had been avoiding him ever since he came back.

Tonight was my return promo, he would know by now that I was here I just needed to do my bi and get out of here without seeing him and the everything would be fine.

As I finish applying my makeup I hear the door open and close and when I turn I find Grayson standing there, to my surprise he smiles warmly at me as he takes a few steps forward.

"I.....I have to go I have a promo to do" I say trying to get around him and failing.

"Princess please I just want to talk" he says "this is killing me, you've been pushing me away for weeks and I have no idea why"

"Come on Gray, look at me, things have changed, I don't look the way I used to" I say "it's all I can see when I look in the mirror so it will be no different for you when you look at me

"So that's it, you assume I won't like what I see and you just walk away from everything? Everything we had? I love you does that mean nothing to you?"

"It means everything, but..........you always said I was beautiful and I'm not anymore" I sigh "please Gray find yourself some one else, let me go"

"No! I refuse to let you go. I don't want anyone else, I want you y/n. I will never want to be with anyone but you" he says "I love you and I need you to see that absolutely nothing has changed, in my eyes you are still the most beautiful woman in the world, don't do this, stay with me y/n"

"I can't I'm sorry Gray, I love you but I can't" I say walking around him, leaving the room

==================================================

Once my promo is done I head straight back to my locker room, I just wanted to get changed and get out of here. If anything I was mad at myself, why couldn't I just let him love me, why was I so determined to push him away.

The answer was simple I was allowing how I viewed myself to convince me he thought the same. As I pack my stuff into my bag I make the decision to find Gray and talk to him if I wasn't too late.

As if on cue the door opens and I'm greeted by the piercing blue eyes of Grayson as he stands holding his hand out to me. Nervously I take his hand and he helps me stand, for a moment he just looks at our hands as his thumb rubs gentle circles on the back of mine.

"I'm not giving up y/n" he says quietly "you're it for me, the one and there is no way in hell I'm letting you go. I told you nothing had changed and I meant it. You are still as beautiful to me as you were before. I want you y/n, please come back to me"

"Gray are you really sure you want to look at this face everyday?" I ask hesitantly

"No, I want to do much more than that" he smiles, slowly he lowers himself to one knee as he takes a small box from his pocket  "I had been planning to do this for a while now, I know with you I've found my forever, my happy ever after. I want to spend the rest of my life waking up to your beautiful face, showing you how much I love you and most of all I want to grow old with you........y/n.....Princess.......Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

"Yes" I nod as tears run down my cheeks "Yes I will"

Standing up he takes me in his arms and presses his lips to mine in a soft, lingering kiss. In this moment I can do nothing but wonder how I had ever doubted this man, I had been such a fool and had almost lost the best thing to ever happen to me.

Moving back from me hetakes my hand an slides the ring on to my finger. He lifts my hand to his lips and kisses it before taking me back in his arms. He was right, absolutely nothing had changed.