part six

It was dark when Maeve opened her eyes that night. The room was no longer in conversation and laughter, but she noticed her pillow was also breathing in sync with her. With an air of confusion, she gently peeled her eyes open, to see she was lying on the living room sofa on someone's chest. Mason.

"Good morning, mousey," he whispered, looking down at her. They were lying across the sofa, the girl between his legs with her head against his black hoodie. She was wrapped tightly in his arms, which a grey fluffy blanket over them. The room was dimly lit by a lamp in the corner and some candles. The room was empty, apart from the two adding to Maeve's confusion.
"Morning? But it's dark?" She questioned, looking up from his chest and into his deep brown eyes.
"Well yeah, it's evening. Good morning just sounds better," he laughed, still keeping his voice low.
"Where is everyone?" Maeve asked.
"Everyone went home, Dec went to bed and He put Jade to bed too," he told her, running his hand up her back and reaching the lower length of her hair. He began to twist her plaits around, stroking her head with his other hand. He noticed a slightly off put look on her face, before she sighed and rested her head back down.
"Sorry, I'll stop," he quickly moved his hands away from her head at her off put and put them back around her back.
"No no, carry on," she looked up at him with a particular glimmer in her eye. "It's just I hate it when Jade goes to bed and I haven't said good night to her."
"Oh," Mason sympathised with an upset look on his face, before he stroked her head with his one hand and moved back to her plaits with the other.
"I know it sounds silly, it's just one of my big things. My dad died overnight, and we'd had an argument that evening. I never said goodnight to him or told him I love him before he went to bed, and six years on im still dealing with the fact I never will," Maeve wasn't sure why she was so confident opening up about her trauma to someone she had only jus met, but for some reason, it felt right.
"Oh Maeve, im so sorry. I had no idea. You can't blame yourself though, plus he'll be watching over you now and he'll appreciate how much you truly love him," Mason assured her, his grip strengthening around her. He truly had no idea, and felt so sorry for her. But he meant what he said. He strongly believed how proud he would be of her, and how much love she radiated.
"Thanks mase," she smiled through a delicate tear dripping down her cheek.
"Hey, it's okay, I'm here," he hushed her, using his hand to cup her face and his thumb to gently wipe the tear from her cheek. She relaxed into his embrace, allowing her head to once again fall against his chest in the warmth of his comfort, and gentle rocking of his breathing rhythm. Before long, the pair of them were nearly asleep again.
"Goodnight, Mouse," Mason whispered into her hair, following the conversation they had had just moments ago.
"Goodnight, Mase."

********************************************

@ maevejasmuis first shoot day in England and got to keep this adorable necklace 😻

@ maevejasmuis
first shoot day in England and got to keep this adorable necklace 😻

liked by declanrice, benchilwell, masonmount, sasharebecca and 28,896 others

View comments :

@ declanrice
That's my sister 💪
@ maevejasmuis
lucky kid
@ declanrice
definitely not lucky, you're a nightmare to live with

@ sasharebecca
marry me??😍😍😍
@ maevejasmuis
name the time and the place, baby

@ masonmount
😍🐭
@ maevejasmuis
🥰

@ user1
who are you and why are the whole England team in your likes??
@ user2
Literally and look at mase in her comments??

@ user3
You better not be stealing mason. 😠😠😠