part eight

"Im sorry, lads, I really am. But we don't have any choice of the matter. The risk of going into a lockdown is too high - unless we're all in the same living bubble there's no way we're allowed to compete. I know it's not ideal, and if anyone has any close family members or partners then they are welcome to stay in the other wing, after all you've only had a week off since the euros finished," Gareth sighed, scratching his head as the rain pelted the ceiling. The boys all look around at eachother with a mixture of emotions.

"So we're really all moving back in here this weekend, huh?" Jack sighed as the squad all departed the hall and towards the car park which glistened with rain drops on the cold evening.
"I mean I'm not annoyed, I'd rather that than risk not playing. Just a shame because I had plans with my family," Mason shrugged.
"Same, like I'm actually really enjoying Maeve's company. I don't want to leave her yet," Rice scratched his chin, slightly disheartened. But the boys all knew mason was right - it was better to do this than risk not playing.
"Get her to stay here, then?" Jesse broke through the silence.
"What?" Dec laughed, seeming shocked at his suggestion.
"Oh my god yeah, Southgate said we could have family and friends move with us. After all, if we end up locking down due to this covid shit then we don't know when we'll next see them!" Ben hyped up, but quickly back down. The boys all agreed, trying to convince Declan it was a good idea.
"I don't know guys, she probably wouldn't want to."

********************************************

"Are you kidding?! Deccy pleeeeease can I come?! All my shoots have been cancelled because of covid, Im getting so bored just being at home. I need a change of scenery, and some company," Maeve pleaded the following morning. She had already been asleep by the time Dec got back from training, so he waited till breakfast to ask her.
"God I didn't think you'd be this eager to live in a complex with about 20 sweaty footballers for weeks," he laughed over his bite of toast, the girls back turned to him as she washed her mug up.
"Well I won't be sharing a room with anyone, right?" She quickly raised an eyebrow at him. Although deep down, she knew she wouldn't mind sharing with one of them in particular.
"Of course not, you'll have your own room, but the main kitchen is communal. Plus there's the canteen. But you'll have a bedroom, a living space, a bathroom and access to the gym and everything," he continued.
"Perfect. Then consider me in," Maeve smiled, patting her hands together and heading upstairs like an excited child.

********************************************

sweet caroliners

Grealio
Can't wait to annoy you fuckers 24/7 again

Chilly
My door will be locked at all times

sex Ed ola
Do I get your spare key Benjamin?🍆

ricey boy
sus

MJ
Cant wait to help you annoy the duck out of them all jacky boy

ricey boy
Oh god here we go
In 3
2
1

Grealio
WAIT WHAT

Chilly
ALL HAIL DECLAN
PERSUADING OUR LIL MOUSE TO COME

MJ
Hate to admit it but I'd miss you all too much x

ricey boy
we know we know

Bells 🔔
Yes my girlllll

MJ
Love u lots judy

Money mase
MY mouse I think you'll find

MJ
Ladies ladies
There's enough to go round

(Private message from : mase 💕)

No, no there is not

Aw is mr Mount getting jealous?🥺

Yes
Yes I am
You're my MJ

Just because you quote Spider-Man doesn't mean  you get to join mine and jacks squad at camp

🙄 was worth a try
Do you want me to come and help you pack tomorrow? Dec said you were bored and lonely😂xx

Yes pleasseeee with cheese on top

Anything for you baby cakes

Don't ever call me that again, Mason Tony Mount.