Harry

We were back in New York, and back on tour. And man did it feel good. Things were going amazing in every aspect. We were breaking records, we had a sold out tour all over the world that we had just started, and out friendships in the band were stronger than ever.

But more importantly, I had Rosie back. I hadn’t realised how much I had missed her until the lads forced us to meet up and smooth things over, but I’m glad they did. We are both so stubborn that I doubt we ever would have spoken again if it hadn’t been for them. I owed them, big time. Not that I would ever admit it.

It had been about a month since that argument, and it was almost forgotten, though sometimes if the TV was on whilst we were in one another company and Taylor Swift appeared, I noticed she would tense up almost subconsciously and a scowl would appear in between her eyebrows. We never mentioned it though; I had learnt the best way to keep Rosie calm was to avoid confrontations that really weren’t necessary. We had had arguments since the fallout, that was expected, but we had always made up straight after, knowing how awful it had been to not be speaking from experience.

          ‘Hey, Harry!’ I shook my head and glanced over, surprised to find all four boys staring at me, clearly waiting for an answer to a question I hadn’t heard.

          ‘Huh?’

          ‘Seriously man, where is your head at?’ Zayn stared at me, confused but I just shrugged and adjusted my earpiece.

          ‘Thinking about Rosie?’ Niall said, doing the same as he glanced over at me with a smug smile. I stuttered for a few moments, still not used to talking about her with the guys, because I wasn’t sure how much they knew. ‘Stop sweating mate, we know all about you and her.’

          ‘You do?’

          ‘Yeah, which is why we called in a favour,’ Liam said, slapping me on the back, grabbing my shoulder and spinning me around. I couldn’t believe it when I saw Rosie, her curly hair pulled into a loose plait, wearing a long sleeve baggy grey t shirt and dark wash skinny jeans, walking towards me with a nervous look on her face, as though she was waiting for my reaction. My face broke out into a huge grin and I rushed towards her, picking her up around her waist and spinning her around, her laughter echoing in my ear.

          ‘Oh, my God, what are you doing here?’ I asked her once I had put her down, intertwining my fingers with her own.

          ‘Liam called; he wanted it to be a surprise! So, Surprise!’ she said, doing jazz hands and smiling. I couldn’t help it; I leant down and kissed her lightly on the lips, for once not caring who saw. She looked slightly stunned when I pulled away, and even the guys seemed surprised.

          ‘I can’t believe you are actually here! How long are you staying?’

          ‘A few days, I have to go back on Tuesday to start rehearsal for our tour. I am a very busy woman you know. But Liam offered to fly me out and what girl can refuse? I’ve never been to New York, LA a few times, but not New York.’ I grinned down at her, euphoric that she was here. I missed her when I was away, she always made me laugh.

          ‘We’ll be sure to show you around,’ I said, but what I really meant was me, and me alone.

          ‘Sounds wonderful, now go! You boys have to perform!’ she said playfully, shoving me away and towards the platform under the stage that would lift up and reveal us to the massive crowd beyond. ‘Leave them wanting more, OK?’ she said to me just before pushing me towards the stand. I glanced back and grinned when I saw her standing there, the VIP badge swinging around her neck, arms wrapped round her until she waved and disappeared out of my eyesight, probably to get a better view.