Harry

The morning after my head felt like it was full of cotton wall, but I could remember every second.

And I was so glad. Because kissing Rosie had been…something else entirely. I had wanted to go further, the alcohol pushing me on, but now I’m glad we didn’t. It would have ruined the memory. Regardless of what the public said, I cared and respected women.

There was a connection I had never felt before, not with Cara, not with anyone. I had set my mind on it being a one-time thing, for that night and nothing else. But I had kissed her like a man coming alive after being dead for so long, like a sailor clinging to a life raft.

And the feeling had not been one sided. I could sense her desperation, her need to be kissed as though her life depended on it. She had kissed me because she wanted to, she needed to, not because she felt it was her duty to, a feeling I had often sensed when kissing Cara towards the end.

          ‘Good morning sunshine,’ my door swung open and Louis stood in the door frame, drinking a cup of tea and wearing a knowing grin, ‘have a good night did we?’

          I stretched out lazily and smiled back at him, ‘the best.’

          ‘I suspected as much,’ he moved into the room and flopped down on the bed next to me, his head resting on the pillow, ‘I thought Rosie might be your type.’

          ‘And why’s that?’

          ‘Because she is completely different to Cara.’ There was silence while I stared at him, surprised. He had a point. Whereas Cara had been all about appearance and perfection, Rosie had a wild side that didn’t care what people thought about her. I liked that.

          I had liked that. I couldn’t think we would see each other again. Our lives had crossed paths once, we had made the most of it and acted on our instincts, and now it was time to move on.

          ‘Are you going to see her again?’ Louis was asking, taking a sip of his tea as he looked at me.

          ‘I don’t think so. It was a one-time thing; we both knew that,’ I shrugged and put my hands behind my head, ‘besides, where would be the time? We are both in internationally famous bands; it’s hard to fit in anything else.’

          ‘Eleanor and I do it,’ Louis said, ‘so did you and Cara.’

          ‘Yeah,’ I snorted, ‘and look how well that worked out. Nah, me and Rosie ain’t gonna happen.’

          ‘We’ll see,’ Louis said knowingly, which I found annoying so I duffed him over the head with my pillow, almost causing him to spill his tea.

          ‘Don’t do that,’ I said once he had recovered.

          ‘Do what?’

          ‘Wish for a happy ending for everyone. Some of us just want to have fun, not settle down with the girl of our dreams at twenty years old.’

          ‘I’m not a romantic, Harry,’ Louis argued, but I just rolled my eyes.

          ‘We all know you are going to marry Eleanor and have lots of lovely looking babies, but maybe that’s not for everyone OK? Just leave me alone about this, right?’ I said, sounding stricter than I originally meant.

          ‘My lips are sealed,’ Louis responded, seemingly unbothered by my outburst as he jumped up from the bed and headed out of the room, ‘don’t forget that we have the photo-shoot today, so you might wanna get up and have a shower. You stink of passion and lust.’ He poked his tongue out as he disappeared into the hallway, dodging the pillow I threw at him this time.