Rosie

‘Rosemary Jones! Wake up right NOW!’ I was brutally shaken out of my sleep by an overly excited Olivia jumping on my bed.

          ‘What? What happened?’ I groggily shook my head and looked at the clock. Eight am. That had to be a joke. ‘Liv, why am I awake at this time?’

          ‘Because you got off with Harry Styles the night before last, then avoided me all day yesterday, and I want to know every freaking detail!’ she squealed loudly, causing me to scrunch my eyes up in annoyance.

          ‘Can you know every detail at a more reasonable hour?’ I moaned, but she persisted, jumping on me until I was sitting up and she was next to me, coxing me to talk with a cup of tea and a digestive biscuit.

          ‘What happened? What was it like?’ she bombarded, but I continued to eat my biscuit instead of answer her. It drove her insane, which was exactly my plan.

          ‘It was good. We just kissed, Liv, it was nothing.’

          ‘Are you going to see him again?’ she asked, but I just shook my head, taking another sip of my tea.

          ‘I don’t think so. I mean, it was amazing, but I don’t think it would be a good idea to see one another.’ Olivia’s face literally crumpled with disappointment, making me laugh.

          ‘What? But I had already started on your celebrity couple names!’

          ‘What?’ I spluttered, spitting tea everywhere. Olivia carried on regardless.

          ‘Yeah, there was Haisie, Rarry, the list is endless!’

          ‘I’m sorry Liv, but they are terrible.’ I laughed, and she joined in, until we were both rolling around clutching our stomachs.

          ‘I know, but to be fair I haven’t had long to think them up!’ she said defensively once we had regained our breath.

          ‘Well I hate to burst your bubble, but I don’t think there will be any need for celebrity couple names between Harry and me. In fact, I doubt we will even see each other again.’

          ‘What?’ Liv sounded outraged.

          ‘We didn’t even exchange numbers, Liv. I didn’t want to. It was a one night release that I needed after all the stress of Jake dumping me and the band taking off so crazily. This past year has taken a lot out of me, and a bit of reckless fun was something I needed.’ Olivia stared at me for a moment, confusion in her dark eyes, before slowly nodded.

          ‘I think I understand you,’ she said slowly.

          ‘It’s OK if you don’t. You have always been the romantic of the group; I’ve known that since we got put together in boot camp last year,’ I said, squeezing her arm.

          ‘I just don’t want to see you get hurt, Ro-Ro. Or get used.’

          ‘We both used each other, Liv. But we both got we wanted,’ I said sincerely, but Liv didn’t look convinced.

          ‘If you are sure…’

          ‘I am,’ I said firmly, and we spoke no more of it. But that didn’t mean I stopped thinking about it. I mean, it had been one hell of a kiss. Harry Styles certainly knew what he was doing when it came to that department that was for sure.

          But that was all in the past, I thought as I poured myself some cereal, perching on the bar stool in our kitchen as the TV blared in the background.